Subject: APN Question List - TOP 10

From: "Pengshuping (Peng Shuping)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 07:09:53 +0000

Dear all,

Please find below the APN Question List and our discussions archived before.
There have been some time. We have narrowed down the scope of the APN work and clarified things further.

Your views and comments are very welcomed.

Introduction:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apn/8TBab9lcqUFkiRRRD9jZ1MSFymI/

Q #1 and #2
#1. Which layer is for APN to do the application-aware work?
#2. Does APN provide services within a limited-domain or Internet?
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apn/U-RG7T5oQect4x15BZn__D16F2I/

Q #3 and #4

#3. Which area in IETF would the APN work fit better?

#4. What is the relationship between APN and other attempts in IETF's history?
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apn/CFQoUwSz3gsgFfwxJA4v08JX9-U/

Q #5

#5. What are the valuable use cases/usage scenarios of APN?
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apn/5O1du9eqmwG9lO7mcyVzHy0YnEc/

Q #6 and #7

#6. Is the fine-granularity operations needed/desired in the network?

#7. Why not just use DSCP?
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apn/sfqcXP3tVUiul0G9CQpI_biRy5g/

Q #8

#8. Does APN violate network neutrality?
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apn/VJsk4Kn3fkmUxHxzP7SWZR-Q-Qg/

Q #9 and #10

#9. Will APN raise security issues since application-aware information is carried in the APN packets?

#10. Will APN raise privacy issues since application-aware information is carried in the APN packets?
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apn/OYiFhu4EhjiXz6TNecEL6NJQ478/

Best regards,
Shuping