Subject: Fwd: Applied Networking Research Prize awards at IETF 112

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 15:04:27 -0700

FYI..

An earlier version of the BGP talk was presented at the IETF 109 rtgwg
session.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/109/materials/slides-109-rtgwg-sessb-23-xbgp-00.pdf

On October 13, 2021 at 2:57:38 PM, Colin Perkins ([email-masked]) wrote:

I’m pleased to announce that the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP)
award talks for IETF 112 will be as follows:

Thomas Wirtgen <https://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/thomas.html> for his work on the
extensibility of BGP implementations, and other routing protocols:

   - Thomas Wirtgen, Quentin De Coninck, Randy Bush, Laurent Vanbever, and
   Olivier Bonaventure, “xBGP: When You Can’t Wait for the IETF and Vendors
   <https://nsg.ee.ethz.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/publications/hotnet023-wirtgenA.pdf>”,
Proceedings
   of ACM HotNets, 2020

Aqsa Kashaf <https://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/akashaf/> for her work
studying the effects of third-party service dependencies in the Internet

   - Aqsa Kashaf, Vyas Sekar, and Yuvraj Agarwal, “Analyzing Third Party
   Service Dependencies in Modern Web Services: Have We Learned from
   the Mirai-Dyn Incident?
<https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3419394.3423664>”, Proceedings
   of ACM IMC 2020

Kevin Bock <https://www.cs.umd.edu/~kbock/> for his work on Internet
censorship:

   - Kevin Bock, George Hughey, Louis-Henri Merino, Tania Arya, Daniel
   Liscinsky, Regina Pogosian, and Dave Levin, “Come as You Are: Helping
   Unmodified Clients Bypass Censorship with Server-side Evasion
   <https://www.cs.umd.edu/~dml/papers/geneva_sigcomm20.pdf>”, Proceedings
   of ACM SIGCOMM 2020

Congratulations to all the winners! The award talks will be given as part
of the IRTF Open Meeting during IETF 112, to be held online on Tuesday,
November 9, 2021, from 16:00-1800 UTC.

More information about the ANRP can be found at https://irtf.org/anrp/. The
ANRP is supported by the Internet Society and the IRTF, and sponsored by
Comcast and NBC Universal.

Colin Perkins
IRTF Chair

---

From: Hesham ElBakoury <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 15:29:12 -0700

Thanks Alvaro!

More info on xBGP is available in this website: xBGP: making BGP truly 
extensible - Pluginized Protocols (pluginized-protocols.org) 
<https://pluginized-protocols.org/xbgp/>

Hesham

On 10/14/2021 3:04 PM, Alvaro Retana wrote:
>> I’m pleased to announce that the Applied Networking Research Prize 
>> (ANRP) award talks for IETF 112 will be as follows:
>>
>> Thomas Wirtgen <https://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/thomas.html> for his work 
>> on the extensibility of BGP implementations, and other routing protocols:
>>
>>   * Thomas Wirtgen, Quentin De Coninck, Randy Bush, Laurent Vanbever,
>>     and Olivier Bonaventure, “xBGP: When You Can’t Wait for the IETF
>>     and Vendors
>>     <https://nsg.ee.ethz.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/publications/hotnet023-wirtgenA.pdf>”, Proceedings
>>     of ACM HotNets, 2020
>>
>>
>>   * Aqsa Kashaf, Vyas Sekar, and Yuvraj Agarwal, “Analyzing Third
>>     Party Service Dependencies in Modern Web Services: Have We
>>     Learned from the Mirai-Dyn Incident?
>>   * Kevin Bock, George Hughey, Louis-Henri Merino, Tania Arya, Daniel
>>     Liscinsky, Regina Pogosian, and Dave Levin, “Come as You Are:
>>     Helping Unmodified Clients Bypass Censorship with Server-side
>>     Evasion
>> Congratulations to all the winners! The award talks will be given as 
>> part of the IRTF Open Meeting during IETF 112, to be held online on 
>> Tuesday, November 9, 2021, from 16:00-1800 UTC.
>>
>> More information about the ANRP can be found at 
>> https://irtf.org/anrp/. The ANRP is supported by the Internet Society 
>> and the IRTF, and sponsored by Comcast and NBC Universal.
>>
>> Colin Perkins
>> IRTF Chair
>
> _______________________________________________
> rtgwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg