Subject: SRP unencumbered license statement available

From: Tom Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:26:15 -0700

For those of you who were following the discussion about the new draft
and implementation of SRP-based password authentication in OpenSSH, I
promised to have Stanford issue the IETF an official, explicit,
statement reiterating the unencumbered royalty-free licensing terms. 
The new statement is now available from the IETF's IPR page.

Tom

---

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 17:19:48 -0400

>The new statement is now available from the IETF's IPR page.

Thanks.

For those who are having trouble finding the URL:
        http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/WU-SRP

Note that there are specific limits to the Stanford grant of rights,
so I'd ask that we try to stay within the "no payment needed"
portion of SRP if SRP is adopted...

Cheers,

Ran