Subject: Re: Eyeballs needed.

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:27:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Caught those.  Bill has asked the IANA people here to make changes.

Thanks,
Chris

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Jacob Nevins wrote:

> Bill Sommerfeld writes:
>> draft-ietf-secsh-assignednumbers-12.txt:
>>         ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/authors/rfc4250-diff.html
>>         ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/authors/rfc4250.txt
>
> Only one of Ben Harris' comments from 14 June appears to have been
> addressed here. (original message attached for convenience)
>
> The IANA registry doesn't appear to have addressed any of those comments.
> <http://www.iana.org/assignments/ssh-parameters>
>
> I think all the comments I raised about the core drafts have been
> addressed.
>

---

From: Jacob Nevins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:03:13 +0000

Quoting attached message, Ben Harris wrote (14 June):
| The following entries in the Public Key Algorithm Names table shouldn't
| have been mentioned in draft-ietf-secsh-assignednumbers-12, since they're
| not mentioned in draft-ietf-secsh-transport-24:
| 
| pgp-sign-rsa                     [SSH-TRANS, Section 6.6]
| pgp-sign-dss                     [SSH-TRANS, Section 6.6]

This statement doesn't appear to be true. The copy of transport-24 I
have mentions "pgp-sign-rsa" and "pgp-sign-dss" (as does every version
since at least -09).

I missed this before, as I had a recollection that the PGP signature
formats had been dropped due to being underspecified. However, there is
nothing in the mailing list to indicate that that decision was made
(although it was discussed in February).

So, for the avoidance of doubt, I now think they should remain in the
IANA registry.

---

From: Ben Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:27:08 +0000

>have mentions "pgp-sign-rsa" and "pgp-sign-dss" (as does every version

This seems to have been a mistake on my part.  The message I actually sent
to IANA got it right:

| The following entries in the Public Key Algorithm Names table shouldn't have
| been mentioned in draft-ietf-secsh-assignednumbers-12, since they're not
| mentioned in draft-ietf-secsh-transport-24:
|
| spki-sign-rsa                    [SSH-TRANS, Section 6.6]
| spki-sign-dss                    [SSH-TRANS, Section 6.6]

This seems to have been addressed already.

-- 
Ben Harris