Subject: [RTLWS8-CFP] Eighth Real-Time Linux Workshop 2nd CFP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 22:40:58 +0800

We apologize for multiple receipts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      Eighth Real-Time Linux Workshop

                            October 12-15, 2006
                         Lanzhou University - SISE
                          Tianshui South Road 222
                           Lanzhou, Gansu 730000
                                 P.R.China

  General

   Following  the  meetings  of  developers  and  users at the previous 7
   successful  real-time Linux workshops held in Vienna, Orlando, Milano,
   Boston,  and  Valencia, Singapore, Lille, the Real-Time Linux Workshop
   for  2006  will  come back to Asia again, to be held at the School for
   Information  Science  and  Engineering, Lanzhou University, in Lanzhou
   China.

   Embedded  and  real-time Linux is rapidly gaining traction in the Asia
   Pacific  region.  Embedded  systems  in  both  automation/control  and
   entertainment moving to 32/64bit systems, opening the door for the use
   of  full  featured  OS  like  GNU/Linux  on  COTS  based systems. With
   real-time  capabilities being a common demand for embedded systems the
   soft  and  hard  real-time  variants are an important extension to the
   versatile GNU/Linux GPOS.

   Authors  are  invited  to  submit  original  work dealing with general
   topics  related  to  real-time  Linux  research,  experiments and case
   studies,  as  well  as issues of integration of real-time and embedded
   Linux.  A  special focus will be on industrial case studies. Topics of
   interest include, but are not limited to:

     * Modifications and variants of the GNU/Linux operating system
       extending its real-time capabilities,
     * Contributions to real-time Linux variants, drivers and extensions,
     * User-mode real-time concepts, implementation and experience,
     * Real-time Linux applications, in academia, research and industry,
     * Work in progress reports, covering recent developments,
     * Educational material on real-time Linux,
     * Tools for embedding Linux or real-time Linux and embedded
       real-time Linux applications,
     * RTOS core concepts, RT-safe synchronization mechanisms,
     * RT-safe interaction of RT and non RT components,
     * IPC mechanisms in RTOS,
     * Analysis and Benchmarking methods and results of 
       real-time GNU/Linux variants,
     * Debugging techniques and tools, both for code and temporal
       debugging of core RTOS components, drivers and real-time
       applications,
     * Real-time related extensions to development environments.
  
  Further information:
 
  EN: http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/events/rtlws-2006/ws.html 
  CN: http://dslab.lzu.edu.cn/rtlws8/index.html

  Awarded papers

  The  Programme Committee  will award a best paper in the category Real-
  Time Systems Theory.  This best paper will be invited  for  publication 
  to the Real-Time Systems Journal, RTSJ. 
  
  The  Programme Committee will award a best paper in the category Real-
  Time Systems Application. This best paper will be invited for publication 
  to the Dr Dobbs Journal. Moreover, the publication of the other papers in
  a special issue of Dr Dobbs Journal is in discussion. 

  Abstract submission

  In  order register an abstract, please go to:
  http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/rtlf/register-abstract.html

  Venue

  Lanzhou University Information Building, School of Information Science
  and Engineering, Laznhou University, http://www.lzu.edu.cn/.

  Registration

  In  order  to  participate  to  the  workshop,  please register on the
  registration page at:
  http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/rtlf/register-participant.html

  Accommodation

  Please refer to the Lanzhou hotel page for accomodation at
  http://dslab.lzu.edu.cn/rtlws8/hotels/hotels.htm

  Travel information

  For travel information and directions how to get to Lanzhou from an 
  international airport in China please refer to:
  http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/events/rtlws-2006/

  Important dates

  August    28:  Abstract submission
  September 15:  Notification of acceptance
  September 29:  Final paper

  Pannel Participants:

     o Roberto Bucher - Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera
       Italiana, Switzerland, RTAI/ADEOS/RTAI-Lab.

     o Alfons Crespo Lorente - University of Valenica, Spain,Departament
       d'Informtica de Sistemes i Computadors, XtratuM.

     o Herman Haertig - Technical University Dresden, Germany,Institute for
       System Architecture, L4/Fiasco/L4Linux.

     o Nicholas Mc Guire - Lanzhou University, P.R. China, Distributed and
       Embedded Systems Lab, RTLinux/GPL.

     o Douglas Niehaus - University of Kansas, USA, Information and
       Telecommunication Technology Center, RT-preempt.

  Organization committee:

     * Prof. Li LIAN (Co-Chair), (SISE, Lanzhou University, CHINA)
     * Xiaoping ZHANG, LZU, CHINA
     * Jiming WANG, PKU, CHINA
     * Zhibing LI, ECNU, China
     * Prof.  Nicholas  MCGUIRE  (Co-Chair),  Real  Time Linux Foundation
       (RTLF)
     * Dr. Peter WURMSDOBLER, Real Time Linux Foundation (RTLF)
     * Dr.  Qingguo  ZHOU, (Distributed and Embedded Systems Lab, Lanzhou
       University, CHINA)

  Program committee:

    * Prof. Li Xing (Co-Chair), (Tsinghua University, CHINA)
     * Dr.  Zhang  Yunquan,  (Institute  of  Software, Chinese Academy of
       Science, CHINA)
     * Dr. Chen Yu, (Tsinghua University, CHINA)
     * Dr. Chen Maoke, (Tsinghua University, CHINA)
     * Dr. Yu Guanghui, (Dalian University of Techonolgy, CHINA)
     * Prof.   Dr.   Paolo   Mantegazza,   (Dipartimento   di  Ingegneria
       Aerospaziale, ITALY)
     * Prof.  Dr.  Bernhard  Zagar,  (Johannes  Kepler  Universitt Linz,
       AUSTRIA)
     * Prof.   Dr.   Hermann  Hrtig,  (Technische  Universitt  Dresden,
       Fakultt Informatik, GERMANY)
     * Prof.  Tei-Wei  Kuo,  (National  Taiwan  University, Department of
       Computer Science and Information Engineering,TAIWAN)
     * Anthony Skjellum, (Mississippi State University, USA)
     * Ing. Pavel Pisa, (Czech Technical University, CZECH REPUBLIC)
     * Prof. Alfons Crespo, (Universidad Politcnica de Valencia, SPAIN)
     * Dr. Qingguo Zhou, (Lanzhou University, CHINA)
     * PhD. Jaesoon Choi, (National Cancer Center, KOREA)
     * Prof. Douglas Niehaus, (Kansas University, USA)
     * Dr. Michael Hohmuth, (Technische Universitt Dresden, GERMANY)
     * Prof.  Thambipillai Srikanthan, (Nanyang Technological University,
       SINGAPORE)
     * Zhengting He, (University of Texas, USA)
     * Martin Terbuc, (Universitz of Maribor, SLOVENIA)
     * Yoshinori Sato, (the H8/300 project, JAPAN)
     * Yuqing Lan, (China Standard SoftwareCo.,LTD, CHINA)
     * Dr. Peter Wurmsdobler, (Real Time Linux Foundation, USA)
     * Prof. Nicholas Mc Guire (Co-Chair), (Lanzhou University, CHINA)

  Workshop organizers:

     * School  for  Information  Science and Engineering (SISE) , Lanzhou
       University , CHINA
     * IBM China, Xi'an Branch , China
     * Haag Embedded Systems, Austira

Peter Wurmsdobler <[email-masked]>
Nicholas Mc Guire <[email-masked]>
Zhou Qingguo <[email-masked]>