Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 12:19:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) and Congestion Feedback Using the Network Service Header (NSH) and IPFIX
        Authors         : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Yizhou Li
                          Andrew G. Malis
                          Xinpeng Wei
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-05.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2021-04-02

Abstract:
   Explicit congestion notification (ECN) allows a forwarding element to
   notify downstream devices of the onset of congestion without having
   to drop packets. Coupled with a means to feed information about
   congestion back to upstream nodes, this can improve network
   efficiency through better congestion control, frequently without
   packet drops. This document specifies ECN and congestion feedback
   support within a Service Function Chaining (SFC) architecture domain
   through use of the Network Service Header (NSH, RFC 8300) and IP Flow
   Information Export (IPFIX, RFC 7011).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 15:24:04 -0400

Hi,

draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support was normatively dependent on
draft-ietf-tsvwg-tunnel-congestion-feeback; however, the TSVWG working
group was no longer interested in advancing the tunnel-congestion-feedback
draft so, after consulting with the WG Chairs and with this revision, it
has been merged into the nsh-ecn-support draft.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 3:20 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) and
> Congestion Feedback Using the Network Service Header (NSH) and IPFIX
> _______________________________________________
> sfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc
>