Subject: [sidr] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 03:47:29 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-slurm/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Warren's DISCUSS.

Additionally, one little, but important thing that I would like you to fix:

In Section 3.4.2 and 3.5.2, when referencing Base64 [RFC4648], you need to
specify which version you are using. I think you want to use the version in
Section 4 (and not Section 5) of this document. It would also be useful to
specify whether trailing "=" need to be present in base64 values.

---

From: Di Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 22:07:35 +0800

Alexey,

Thanks very much for your comments.

Please see authors' responses in lines.

> 在 2018年4月2日，18:47，Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> 写道：
> 

We authors think this is really a good point.

We will say in next version: 

The Router SKI is the Base64 encoding without trailing ‘=‘ (Section 5 of RFC4648 ) of the certificate’s Subject Public Key as described in Section 4.8.2. of RFC6487. 

Di