Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA v10 - changes from v9 to v10

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:15:22 -0500

Changes in M2PA draft version 10.
Tom George
10/16/2003

This is a more detailed list of changes. It is arranged according to
the order of the document.

This list does not include minor changes to wording, formatting, etc.

General changes:
---------------

The PO procedure now calls for LS PO, LS PR, and LS Ready to be sent
on stream 1. There were a number of places where this caused changes.

Specific changes:
----------------

1.7.3, para 2 - Added clause about status messages on the data
stream.

2.3.1 User Data - Changed "Length Indicator" to "Message Priority"
since that is a more accurate description.

2.3.1 User Data, para "The MTP MSU..." - Reworded this to talk about
Priority instead of LI field.

4. Procedures, para 2 - Added statement, "The same standard MUST be
followed on both ends of the M2PA link."

4.1.2 MTP and SCTP Entities, at the end - Changed statement about
which messages go on which of the two streams.

4.1.3 Link Alignment, para "The Link Status Ready..." - Added
statement, "These Link Status Ready messages are sent on the Link
Status stream."

4.1.3 Link Alignment, last para - Added this paragraph saying that
User Data/LSPO replaces MTP2 MSU/SIPO.

4.1.4 Processor Outage - This section was revised substantially.

    - M2PA in LPO may continue to transmit data.

    - M2PA in RPO may process incoming data.

    - Paragraph about flush was made into a list.

    - Removed paragraph about LS PR getting out of order with User
      Data, since now both are sent on the same stream.

    - Added 4 paragraphs about the end of PO, beginning with para "When
      the local processor outage condition ends...". LS PO, LS PR, and
      LS Ready are sent on stream 1.

    - Added paragraph at the end allowing M2PA to take the link OOS for
      PO.

4.1.5 Level 2 Flow Control, para 2 - Changed so that M2PA is not
allowed to ack incoming messages.

4.1.5 Level 2 Flow Control, para 3 - Qualified this so that T6 is not
started if there are no messages in the RTB. T7 is stopped.

4.1.5 Level 2 Flow Control, para 4 - Added this paragraph about
stopping T6 and restarting T7 at the end of Busy.

4.1.5 Level 2 Flow Control, para 5 - Qualified this so that peer does
not send User Data during Busy.

4.1.8 Transmission and Reception Priorities, paras 1-3 - Qualified
wording because some status messages are now sent on data
stream. Priority is given to "data stream" rather than "data
messages".

4.2.1 Sending and receiving messages, para "The following Link
Status..." - Added list of which messages go on which stream. This is
similar to the text added to 4.1.2.

4.2.1 Sending and receiving messages, para "If M2PA receives a User
Data message with an FSN that is out of order, M2PA SHALL discard the
message." - Changed this from placing the link OOS to discard.

4.2.1 Sending and receiving messages, para "When there is a message to
acknowledge..." - Replaced requirement to ack "promptly" with more
guidance.

4.2.3 Changeover, para "The Japanese TTC version..." - Clarified that
TTC has two kinds of retrievals.

5.4  Link Status Message, Figure 15 - Revised this diagram for the new
PO procedure. Removed from the picture the sending of the messages by
SCTP.

5.4  Link Status Message, Figure 16 - Added this long example showing
PO and recovery.

9.1 Normative - Added [JT-Q703].

9.1 Normative - Added version for [JT-Q704].

=====================================================================

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
*   I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel.  I do not purport to    *
*   advertise or represent its position, operations, or activities.   *

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran