Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA 10: PO editorial

From: Andrew Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:51:31 -0400

Hi Tom,

A couple of quick questions regarding the new processor outage section.  
These are mostly editorial questions, these questions should not stand 
in the way of sending draft 10 to the IESG.

In the list discussions and the examples of section 5.4 the side in LPO 
sends LS Ready on stream 1 in response to the LS Ready from the side in 
RPO.  I don't see any text to that effect in 4.1.4, though there is a 
reference that "M2PA (at both the LPO and RPO ends) uses the BSN value 
in the received Link Status Ready message to...".  It looks like a 
sentence or two is missing.

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Booth, Software Developer
Signaling Systems Group, Performance Technologies
613-237-4344

Visit www.pt.com/mailing.html to subscribe to our Packets & Signals eLetter.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:40:38 -0500

Andrew,

Yes, it does look like I am missing the LPO side's LS Ready message. How 
about if I insert a new paragraph?

=====
When the local processor outage condition ends, M2PA SHALL send a Link
Status Processor Recovered message to its peer on the User Data
stream. This message is used to signal the end of the processor outage
condition, instead of an MSU or FISU as in MTP2. The BSN in the Link
Status Processor Recovered message is set to the FSN of the last User
Data message received (and not discarded) from the peer M2PA.

Upon receiving the Link Status Processor Recovered message, the M2PA
in RPO SHALL respond with a Link Status Ready message on the User Data
stream. The BSN in the Link Status Ready message is set to the FSN of
the last User Data message received (and not discarded) from the peer
M2PA.

[the new paragraph:]
Upon receiving the Link Status Ready message, the M2PA formerly
in LPO SHALL respond with a Link Status Ready message on the User Data
stream. The BSN in the Link Status Ready message is set to the FSN of
the last User Data message received (and not discarded) from the peer
M2PA.

M2PA (at both the LPO and RPO ends) uses the BSN value in the received
Link Status Ready message to resynchronize its sequence numbers, if
this is required by MTP2. M2PA SHALL NOT resume transmitting User Data
messages until it has received the Link Status Ready message.
=====

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
*   I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel.  I do not purport to    *
*   advertise or represent its position, operations, or activities.   *

---

From: Andrew Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:37:00 -0400

Tom,

Looks good to me.

Andrew

Tom George wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Yes, it does look like I am missing the LPO side's LS Ready message. 
> How about if I insert a new paragraph?
>
> =====
>> A couple of quick questions regarding the new processor outage 
>> section.  These are mostly editorial questions, these questions 
>> should not stand in the way of sending draft 10 to the IESG.
>>
>> In the list discussions and the examples of section 5.4 the side in 
>> LPO sends LS Ready on stream 1 in response to the LS Ready from the 
>> side in RPO.  I don't see any text to that effect in 4.1.4, though 
>> there is a reference that "M2PA (at both the LPO and RPO ends) uses 
>> the BSN value in the received Link Status Ready message to...".  It 
>> looks like a sentence or two is missing.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>
>