Subject: Re: [siprec] Mail regarding draft-ietf-soc-overload-control

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:52:21 -0500

On 2/19/13 7:34 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Being a student for Internet Voice, Video and Telepresence in
> Harvard University, which mainly deals with Session Initiation Protocol.
> I'm keen to be a part of this working group and learn different models
> associated in SRS.
>
> Request you to add me into Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording
> Metadata's Working group.

There is (technically) no formal membership in IETF working groups.
Anyone may participate. The first thing to do is to subscribe to the 
mailing list:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

That will bring you all the email discussions of the wg. In addition, 
subscribing allows you to reply or post to the mailing list.

BUT, for siprec you are arriving late. The work of the working group is 
near to completion, at least for the work it has considered to be within 
its current scope.

OTOH, there are many things that *could* be addressed in recording that 
have not been addressed. Among those is telepresence.

It is *my* hope to gather interest for follow-on work to broaden the 
scope of siprec. If that happens, then there may be more of an 
opportunity for you.

	Thanks,
	Paul