Subject: [siprec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-siprec-architecture-08.txt> (An Architecture for Media Recording using the Session Initiation Protocol) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:56:33 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIP Recording WG (siprec) to
consider the following document:
- 'An Architecture for Media Recording using the Session Initiation
   Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-siprec-architecture-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Session recording is a critical requirement in many communications
   environments such as call centers and financial trading.  In some of
   these environments, all calls must be recorded for regulatory,
   compliance, and consumer protection reasons.  Recording of a session
   is typically performed by sending a copy of a media stream to a
   recording device.  This document describes architectures for
   deploying session recording solutions in an environment which is
   based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-architecture/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-architecture/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.