Subject: [siprec] RFC 7245 on An Architecture for Media Recording Using the Session Initiation Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:39:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7245

        Title:      An Architecture for Media Recording 
                    Using the Session Initiation Protocol 
        Author:     A. Hutton, Ed., L. Portman, Ed.,
                    R. Jain, K. Rehor
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34314
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-siprec-architecture-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7245.txt

Session recording is a critical requirement in many communications
environments such as call centers and financial trading.  In some of
these environments, all calls must be recorded for regulatory,
compliance, and consumer protection reasons.  Recording of a session
is typically performed by sending a copy of a media stream to a
recording device.  This document describes architectures for
deploying session recording solutions in an environment that is based
on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

This document is a product of the SIP Recording Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC