Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-examples-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:53:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Examples of CMS Message Bodies
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-examples-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 29-Jun-99
	
This document gives examples of message bodies formatted using the
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS). It includes examples of most or all
common formats; in addition, it gives examples that show common pitfalls in implementing CMS. The purpose of this document is to help increase
interoperability for S/MIME and other protocols that rely on CMS.
 
This draft is being discussed on the 'ietf-smime' mailing list.  To join
the list, send a message to <[email-masked]> with the single
word 'subscribe' in the body of the message.  Also, there is a Web site for the mailing list at <http://www.imc.org/ietf-smime/>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-examples-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-examples-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-examples-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.