Subject: RFC 3394 on Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap Algorithm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 16:42:12 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3394

        Title:      Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap
                    Algorithm
        Author(s):  J. Schaad, R. Housley
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 73072
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None
                                                          
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-aes-keywrap-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3394.txt

The purpose of this document is to make the Advanced Encryption
Standard (AES) Key Wrap algorithm conveniently available to the
Internet community.  The United States of America has adopted AES
as the new encryption standard.  The AES Key Wrap algorithm will
probably be adopted by the USA for encryption of AES keys.
The authors took most of the text in this document from the draft
AES Key Wrap posted by NIST.

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.