Subject: encryptCerts

From: Antoine Alberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:36:44 +0200

I found the following OID in a SignedData SignedAttribute: 
1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.2.13, which appears to be the OID for encryptCerts, 
as I could see in http://www.imc.org/ietf-smime/sm-oid.asn.
My problem is I could not find any RFC/draft, or anything reference to this 
attribute, neither in the standards the working group manages, nor in PKCS 
#9.
As 1.2.840.113549.1.9.16 stands for S/MIME, and, I suppose, the .2.13 
suffix will not be the only one I can't find, can anyone help me to find a 
description for the encryptCerts field, its meaning, and, if possible, some 
ideas for finding the other S/MIME extensions I could not find through 
IETF?

Thanks in advance.

	Antoine Alberti			Axway.  a Sopra Group company	
	Tel  : +33 (0)1 47 17 24 37		XFB R&D
	Fax : +33 (0)1 47 17 21 23		26 Rue des Pavillons
	email: [email-masked]		92807 Puteaux Cedex - France

---

From: "Blake Ramsdell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:38:58 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Antoine Alberti
> Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 6:37 AM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: encryptCerts
> 

That's a good point.  I just took a quick look at ESS, MSG and CERT and
didn't see it in any obvious way.  I think the intent was to communicate
a hint for encrypting certificate in a signed attribute.

Should this go in -MSG?  I'm making a note of it and will research it
further.

Blake

---

From: Thomas Hueske <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:33:29 +0200

Hi,

the attribute is defined in  "Certificate Distribution Specification"
<draft-ietf-smime-certdist-05.txt> written by J. Schaad (November 19, 2000).

See   http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/00jul/I-D/smime-certdist-05.txt

Regards,
Thomas Hueske

--

________________________________________________________________

SRC Security Research & Consulting GmbH
Leipziger Str. 35             Tel: +49-611-5066-2504
65191 Wiesbaden               Fax: +49-611-5066-2508
http://www.src-gmbh.de        mob: +49-160-8866051

Fingerprint: D767 FDB1 1097 F595 D4A7  9C87 0E15 A850 FC55 56A6