Subject: RFC 3369 Errata

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:58:52 -0500

Dear RFC Editor:

Please post the errata.  An error of omission has just been discovered in 
RFC 3369.  Several object identifiers (OIDs) have been omitted from the 
ASN.1 module in section 12.1; however, these OIDs are fully discussed in 
the body of the document.

On page 46 of RFC 3369, the following object identifiers need to be 
inserted before the end of the ASN.1 module.  That is, the following lines 
need to be inserted before:
"END -- of CryptographicMessageSyntax"

Theses are the lines that need to be inserted:

       -- Content Type Object Identifiers

       id-ct-contentInfo OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
          us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs9(9) smime(16) ct(1) 6 }

       id-data OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
          us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs7(7) 1 }

       id-signedData OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
          us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs7(7) 2 }

       id-envelopedData OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
           us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs7(7) 3 }

       id-digestedData OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
           us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs7(7) 5 }

       id-encryptedData OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
           us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs7(7) 6 }

       id-ct-authData OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
           us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9) smime(16)
           ct(1) 2 }

I have compiled the resulting ASN.1 module, and it does not introduce any 
syntax errors.

Thanks,
    Russ