Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:25:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Wrapping an HMAC key with a Triple-DES Key or an AES 
                          Key
	Author(s)	: J. Schaad, R. Housley
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap-02.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-3-21
	
This document defines two methods for wrapping an HMAC (Hashed 
Message Authentication Code) key.  The first method defined uses a 
Triple DES (Data Encryption Standard) key to encrypt the HMAC key.  
The second method defined uses an AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) 
key to encrypt the HMAC key.  One place that such an algorithm is 
used is for the Authenticated Data type in CMS (Cryptographic 
Message Syntax).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.