Subject: EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU

From: "richard champion" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 05:27:13 -0500 (GMT+5)

Good day, 
 
I am Mr. Richard Champion, staff of SMITH & WILLIAMSON . I am 
contacting you concerning a deceased customer and an investment he 
placed under our banks management three years ago.I Would respectfully 
request that you keep the contents of this mail confidential and 
respect the integrity of the information you come by as a result of 
this mail. 
 
I am contacting you independently of our investigation and no one is 
informed of this communication. I would like to intimate you with 
certain facts that I believe would be of interest to you. In the year 
2002, the subject matter; came to our bank to engage in business 
discussions with our private banking division. He informed us that he 
had a financial portfolio of Six Million United States dollars, which 
he wished to have us turn over (invest) on his behalf. 

I was the officer assigned to his case, I made numerous suggestions in 
line with my duties as the de-facto chief operations officer of the 
private banking sector then, especially given the volume of funds he 
wished to put into our bank. We met on numerous occasions prior to any 
investments being placed.I encouraged him to consider various growth 
funds with prime ratings. The favored route in my advice to customers 
is to start by assessing data on 6000 traditional stocks and bond 
managers and 2000 managers of alternative investments. Based on my 
advice, We spun the money around various opportunities and made 
attractive margins for our first months of operation, the accrued 
profit and interest stood at this point at over Two million United 
States Dollars, this margin was not the full potential of the fund but 
he desired low risk guaranteed returns on investments. 
 
In mid 2003, he asked that the money be liquidated because he needed to 
make an urgent investment requiring cash payments in Helsinki- Finland. 
He directed that I liquidate the funds and deposit it with a security 
firm. I informed him that SMITH & WILLIAMSON would have to 
make special arrangements to have this done and in order not to 
circumvent due process, the bank would have to make a 9.5 % deduction 
from the funds to cater for banking and statutory charges. He 
complained about the charges but later came around when I explained to 
him the complexities of the task he was asking of us. Cash movement 
across boarders has become especially strict since the incidents of 
9/11. I contacted my affiliate and made the funds available to the 
security firm. I undertook all the processes and made sure I followed 
his precise instructions to the letter and had the funds deposited with 
the security firm. The Security Firm is a specialist private firm that 
accepts deposits from high net worth individuals and blue chip 
corporations that handle valuable products or undertake transactions 
that need immediate access to cash. This small and highly private 
organization is familiar especially to the highly placed and well-
connected organizations. In line with instructions, the money was 
deposited with the security firm. The deceased told me he wanted the 
money there in anticipation of his arrival from Norway later that week. 
This was the last communication 
we had, this transpired around 25th of November 2003.In June last year, 
we got a call from the security firm informing us about the inactivity 
of that particular portfolio. 
 
This was an astounding position as far as I was concerned, given the 
fact that I managed the private banking sector I was the only one who 
knew about the deposit at the security firm, and I could not understand 
why the deceased had not come forward to claim his deposit. I made 
futile efforts to locate the deceased. I immediately passed the task of 
locating him to the internal investigations department of SMITH& 
WILLIAMSON. Four days later, information started to trickle in, 
apparently our client was dead. A person who suited his description was 
declared dead of a heart attack in canne, in Southern part of France.We 
were soon enough to identify the body and cause of death was confirmed. 
The bank immediately launched an investigation into possible surviving 
next of kin to alert about the situation and also to come forward to 
claim his estate. If you are familiar with private banking affairs, 
those who patronize our services usually prefer anonymity, but also 
some levels of detachment from conventional processes. In his bio-data 
form, he listed no next of kin. In the field of private banking, 
opening an account with us means no one will know of its existence, 
accounts are rarely held under a name; depositors use numbers and codes 
to make the accounts anonymous. This bank also gives the choice to 
depositors of having their mail sent to them or held at the bank 
itself, ensuring that there are no traces of the account and as I said, 
rarely do they nominate next of kin. Private banking clients apart from 
not nominating next of kin also usually in most cases leave wills in 
our care, in this case; the deceased died without a testate. In line 
with our internal processes for account holders who have passed away, 
we instituted our own investigations in good faith to determine who 
should have right to claim the estate. This 
investigation has for the past months been unfruitful. We have scanned 
every continent and used our private investigation affiliate companies 
to get to the root of the problem. It is this investigation that 
resulted in my being furnished with your details as a possible 
relative of the deceased. 
 
My present official capacity as the Head of Finance dictates that I am 
the only party to supervise the investigation and the only party to 
receive the results of the investigation. What this means, you being 
the last batch of names we have considered is that our dear late 
fellow died with no known or identifiable family member. This leaves me 
as the only person with the full picture of what the prevailing 
situation is in relation to the deposit and the late beneficiary of the 
deposit. According to practice, The Security Firm will by the end of 
this 
financial year broadcast a request for statements of claim to SMITH & 
WILLIAMSON, failing to receive viable claims they will most probably 
revert the deposit back to SMITH & WILLIAMSON.This will result in the 
money entering the SMITH & WILLIAMSON accounting system and the 
portfolio will be out of my hands and out of the private banking 
division. 
 
This will not happen if I have my way. What I wish to relate to you 
will smack of unethical practice but I want you to understand 
something. It is only an outsider to the banking world who finds the 
internal politics of the banking world aberrational. The world of 
private banking especially is fraught with huge rewards for those that 
occupy certain offices and oversee certain portfolios. You should have 
begun by now to put together the general direction of what I propose. 
There is Six Million dollars deposited in a security firm, I alone have 
the deposit details and they will release the deposit to no one unless 
I instruct them to do so. I alone know of the existence of this deposit 
for as far as SMITH & WILLIAMSON is concerned. The transaction with our 
late customer concluded when I sent the funds to the security firm, all 
outstanding interactions in relation to the file are just customer 
services and due process. The security Firm has no single idea of 
what’s the history or nature of the deposit. They are simply awaiting 
instructions to release the deposit to any party that come forward. 
This is the situation. This bank has spent great amounts of money 
trying to track this man’s family; they have investigated for months 
and have found no family. The investigation has come to an end. 
 
My proposal; you share the same surname With our late client; I am 
prepared to place you in a position to instruct The security Firm to 
release the deposit to you as the closest surviving relation. Upon 
receipt of the deposit,I am prepared to share the money with yo. That 
is: I will simply nominate you as the next of kin and have them release 
the deposit to you. We share the proceeds 60/40.I would have gone ahead 
to ask that the funds be released to me, but that would have drawn a 
straight line to me and my involvement in claiming the deposit. But on 
the other hand, you with the same very name as the original depositor 
would easily pass as the beneficiary with right to claim.I assure you 
that I could have the deposit released to you within a few days. I will 
simply inform the bank of the final closing of the file relating to the 
deceased. I will then officially communicate with The Security Firm and 
instruct them to release the deposit to you. With these two things: all 
is done. The alternative would be for us to have The Security Firm 
direct the funds to another bank with you as account holder. This way 
there will 
be no need for you to think of receiving the money from The Security 
Company. We can fine-tune this based on our interactions am aware of 
the consequences of this proposal. I ask that if you find no interest 
in this project that you should discard this mail. I ask that you do 
not be vindictive and destructive. If my offer is of no appeal to you, 
delete this message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my 
career because you do not approve of my proposal. You may not know this 
but people like myself who have made tidy sums out of comparable 
situations run the whole private banking sector. 
 
I am not a criminal and what I do, I do not find against good 
conscience, this may be hard for you to understand, but the dynamics of 
my industry dictates that I make this move. Such opportunities only 
come ones' way once in a lifetime. I cannot let this chance pass me 
by, for once I find myself in total control of my destiny. These 
chances won’t pass me by. I ask that you do not destroy my chance, if 
you will not work with me let me know and let me move on with my life 
but do not destroy me. I am a family man and this is an opportunity to 
provide them with new opportunities. There is a reward for this project 
and it is a task well worth undertaking. I have evaluated the risks and 
the only risk I have here is from you 
refusing to work with me and alerting my bank. I am the only one who 
knows of this situation, good fortune has blessed you with a luck that 
has planted you into the center of relevance in my life. Let’s share 
the blessing. If you find yourself able to work with me, contact me 
through this email account. If you give me positive signals, I will 
initiate this process towards a conclusion. I wish to inform you that 
should you contact me via official channels; I will deny knowing you 
and about this project. I repeat, I do not want you contacting me 
through my official phone lines nor do I want you contacting me through 
my official email account. Contact me only through the numbers I will 
provide for you and also through this email address. I do not 
want any direct link between you and myself. My official lines are not 
secured lines as they are periodically monitored to assess our level of 
customer care in line with our Total Quality Management Policy.Please 
observe this instruction religiously.
 
Please, again, note that I am a family man, I have a wife and children. 
I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the 
consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing 
gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of 
gold. This is the one truth I have learned from my private banking 
clients. Do not betray my confidence. 
 
Kindly send your response to my private email address:

I await your response. 
 
Richard Champion