Subject: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-01.txt

From: Blake Ramsdell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:14:11 -0800

This message initiates an SMIME Working Group Last Call on the document:

	Title		: Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen identity-based 
encryption algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
	Author(s)	: L. Martin, M. Schertler
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-10-23
	
This document describes the conventions for using the Boneh-Franklin
         (BF) and Boneh-Boyen (BB1) identity-based encryption algorithms in
         the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) to encrypt content 
encryption
         keys. Object identifiers and the convention for encoding a
         recipient's identity are also defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-01.txt

The purpose of this WG Last Call is to ensure that the Working Group has 
achieved consensus that the document is suitable for publication as an 
Informational RFC.

Please review the document for both technical and editorial problems. 
Technical issues should be discussed on this list. Editorial issues may 
be sent to the document editor.

The Last Call period will end on Friday, February 9, 2007.

Upon completion of the last call, the WG chairs will take action based 
upon the consensus of the WG. Possible actions include:

    1) recommending to the IETF Security Area Directors
       that the document, after possible editorial or
       other minor changes, be considered by the IESG
       for publication as an Informational RFC
       (which generally involves an IETF-wide Last Call); or

    2) requiring that outstanding issues be adequately
       addressed prior to further action (including,
       possibly, another WG Last Call).

Remember that it is our responsibility as Working Group members to
ensure the quality of our documents and of the Internet Standards
process.  So, please read and comment!

Blake
-- 
Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com