Subject: Corrected Announcement: RFC 5035 on Enhanced Security Services (ESS) Update: Adding CertID Algorithm Agility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5035

        Title:      Enhanced Security Services (ESS) Update: 
                    Adding CertID Algorithm Agility 
        Author:     J. Schaad
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 32674
        Updates:    RFC2634
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-escertid-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5035.txt

In the original Enhanced Security Services for S/MIME document (RFC
2634), a structure for cryptographically linking the certificate to
be used in validation with the signature was introduced; this
structure was hardwired to use SHA-1.  This document allows for the
structure to have algorithm agility and defines a new attribute for
this purpose.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...