Subject: RE: CAdES. Storing validation data.

From: "Pope, Nick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 09:30:20 +0100

Pavel,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I think this area requires some consideration, and will bring it up with
other related TS 101 733 issues at the next ESI meeting later this month.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Pavel V. Smirnov
Sent: 26 May 2008 11:50
To: 'Pope, Nick'; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: CAdES. Storing validation data.

Hello all and personally Nick,

I want to draw your attention to the following problem.

There is only limited possible transformation between CAdES-X Type 1
signature and CAdES-X Long Type 1 signature. Notably, one must store
certificate and revocation values for signature-timestamp validation in the
timestamp itself, hence, after receiving CAdES-C-timestamp one cannot add or
remove these values from signature-timestamp.

An obvious solution is to allow to include timestamp validation data in
certificate-values and revocation-values attributes of the signature itself.
What do you think?

Pavel Smirnov

Crypto-Pro
Tel./Fax: +7 495 780-4820
WWW:  <http://www.cryptopro.ru/> http://www.CryptoPro.ru
e-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Consider the environment before printing this mail.
"Thales e-Security Limited is incorporated in England and Wales with company
registration number 2518805. Its registered office is located at 2 Dashwood
Lang Road, The Bourne Business Park, Addlestone, Nr. Weybridge, Surrey KT15
2NX.
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be
privileged. It is only intended for the stated addressee(s) and access to it
by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee or the
intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other
way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such
unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error
please delete it (and all copies) from your system, please also inform us
immediately on +44 (0)1844 201800 or email [email-masked].
Commercial matters detailed or referred to in this e-mail are subject to a
written contract signed for and on behalf of Thales e-Security Limited".