Subject: [smime] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5990 (2529)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:06:49 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5990,
"Use of the RSA-KEM Key Transport Algorithm in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5990&eid=2529

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 4, pg.9

Original Text
-------------
   Within the CMS, algorithms are identified by object identifiers
|  (OIDs).  With one exception, all of the OIDs used in this document
   were assigned in other IETF documents, in ISO/IEC standards
   documents, by the National Institute of Standards and Technology
   (NIST), and in Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) documents.
   The two exceptions are the ASN.1 module's identifier (see Appendix
|  B.3) and id-rsa-kem that are both assigned in this document.  The
|  module object identifiers are defined in an arc delegated by the
   former company RSA Data Security Inc. to the S/MIME Working Group.
   When the S/MIME Working Group closes, this arc and its registration
   procedures will be transferred to IANA.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Within the CMS, algorithms are identified by object identifiers
|  (OIDs).  With two exceptions, all of the OIDs used in this document
   were assigned in other IETF documents, in ISO/IEC standards
   documents, by the National Institute of Standards and Technology
   (NIST), and in Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) documents.
   The two exceptions are the ASN.1 module's identifier (see Appendix
|  B.3) and id-rsa-kem that are both assigned in this document.  Both
|  object identifiers are defined in an arc delegated by the
   former company RSA Data Security Inc. to the S/MIME Working Group.
   When the S/MIME Working Group closes, this arc and its registration
   procedures will be transferred to IANA.

Notes
-----
Rationale:
  Alignment with Appendix B: _two_ exceptions, both from same arc.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5990 (draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Use of the RSA-KEM Key Transport Algorithm in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
Publication Date    : September 2010
Author(s)           : J. Randall, B. Kaliski, J. Brainard, S. Turner
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : S/MIME Mail Security
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG