Subject: [smime] RFC 5990 on Use of the RSA-KEM Key Transport Algorithm in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:30:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5990

        Title:      Use of the RSA-KEM Key 
                    Transport Algorithm in the Cryptographic Message 
                    Syntax (CMS) 
        Author:     J. Randall, B. Kaliski,
                    J. Brainard, S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 52579
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5990.txt

The RSA-KEM Key Transport Algorithm is a one-pass (store-and-forward)
mechanism for transporting keying data to a recipient using the recipient's
RSA public key.  ("KEM" stands for "key encapsulation mechanism".)  This 
document specifies the conventions for using the RSA-KEM Key Transport
Algorithm with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  The ASN.1 syntax is
aligned with an expected forthcoming change to American National Standard 
(ANS) X9.44.

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC