Subject: [smime] draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc comments requested

From: Blake Ramsdell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 23:33:26 -0700

Peter Gutmann would be interested in any comments about his draft:

	Title           : Using MAC-authenticated Encryption in the
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
	Author(s)       : P. Gutmann
	Filename        : draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-03-29

This document specifies the conventions for using MAC-authenticated
encryption with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) authenticated-
enveloped-data content type.  This mirrors the use of a MAC combined
with an encryption algorithm that's already employed in IPsec, SSL/
TLS, and SSH, which is widely supported in existing crypto libraries
and hardware, and has been extensively analysed by the crypto
community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-03.txt

Blake
--
Blake Ramsdell | http://blakeramsdell.com

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:48:08 +0200

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-03.txt

In specific, it would be good for folks in this group to say whether they have read the draft and think it is ready for standardization. We are not a WG any more, so it will be submitted as an Individual Submission, but the ADs will want to know that it has had "sufficient" review. Chiming in on this thread with any comments is greatly appreciated.

--Paul Hoffman