Subject: [smime] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02.txt

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:07:01 +0000

Hi,
I've posted a new version of the document describing how MSA/MTA can 
sign/encrypt messages with S/MIME. This is effectively an update to 
Experimental RFC 3183. Changes from RFC 3183 are:

1) The draft only includes domain signatures from RFC 3183 (i.e. 
Additional Attributes Signatures and Review Signatures are not mentioned).
2) Naming conventions for X.509 certificates were simplified. Unlike RFC 
3183, subject names of domain signing/encrypting X.509 certificates 
don't have to have a specific form. But Subject Alternative Names need 
to include URIs for domain being protected.
3) Incorporated erratum 3757 resolution.
4) Updated references and some minor editorial corrections.

I would be happy to hear comments/see reviews of the draft.

Thank you,
Alexey

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02.txt
Date: 	Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:36:39 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : MSA and MTA S/MIME signing & encryption
         Authors         : William Ottaway
                           Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-01-14

Abstract:
    This document specifies how S/MIME signing and encryption can be
    applied between a Message Submission Agent (MSA) and a Message
    Delivery Agent (MDA) or between 2 Message Transfer Agents (MTA).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/