Subject: draft-ietf-snmpv3-coex-v2-03

From: "Harrington, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 11:27:02 -0400

Hi, 

The SNMPv3 working group has completed WG last call on
draft-ietf-snmpv3-coex-v2-03, and would like to submit the draft for
publication as a Best Current Practice RFC. This is an update to RFC
2576. 

Thank you, 
David Harrington
Russ Mundy
chairs, SNMPv3 WG
---
David Harrington            Network Management Architect 
[email-masked]           Office of the CTO
+1 603 337 2614 - voice     Enterasys Networks
+1 603 332 1524 - fax       Rochester NH, USA

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 08:50:38 -0700

Hi -

is this the -03- in the internet drafts directory, or the one
that Dave Levi posted to the WG mailing list on April 15?

Randy

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:54:22 -0700 (PDT)

> publication as a Best Current Practice RFC. This is an update to RFC

I object.  The -03 draft that is in the repository, i.e.,

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-coex-v2-03.txt

does not have the changes requested by Bert Wijnen and myself that
were included in a preliminary version posted to the list (but not
to the I-D repository) by David Levi on 15 April 2003.  That version
looked good to me except for one minor typo which I reported in the
attached message.

I think we need to have an -04 version submitted that incoporates
David Levi's updates of 15 April 2003 plus the correction requested
in the attached message before submitting the document to the IESG.

Thanks,

Mike Heard

Subject: Re: coex doc update
From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked] (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:40:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, C. M. Heard wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, David Levi wrote:
> > Attached is an updated coex document, this incorporates the latest
> > comments from Mike and Bert.  Note that I didn't bump up the version
> > number and related comments, I just updated the text (since we are
> > not publishing a new ID at the moment).
> 
> I just went over the changes (relative to the latest I-D) and it
> looks good to me.

Oops, I missed one thing --

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
> I see (In the MIB REVISION clause)
>                    Changed the name of 'snmpCommunityGroup' to a name
>                    conflict with the SNMPv2-MIB.
> Should that be:
>                    Changed the name of 'snmpCommunityGroup' to 
>                    snmpCommunityTableGroup to avoid a name conflict
>                    with the SNMPv2-MIB.

This error still needs to be fixed before a new I-D is submitted (it
was fixed in the revision log in appendix B).

Sorry about that.

//cmh

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 06:08:07 -0700 (PDT)

Colleagues,

Although the announcement hasn't yet been sent,

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-coex-v2-04.txt

is now available in the repository.  It matches the version posted to
this list on 15 April 2003.  As previously noted, that version fixed
all outstanding comments except the following one:

>                    snmpCommunityTableGroup to avoid a name conflict

So this error still needs to be fixed before publication (note that
a similar error was was fixed in the revision log in appendix B).

//cmh