Subject: [Softwires] Logistics and Agenda for Softwires Interim Meeting Feb 23-24, 2006 Hong Kong

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:49:11 -0600

All -

    Information on the interim meeting to be held on Feb 23-24,2006 in Hong
Kong can be found on the WG website. Here is a direct pointer:

http://bgp.nu/~dward/softwires/InterimMeetingFeb23-241006HongKong.htm

Please review the agenda, logistics information and Criteria for Solution
Set selection. The last item is a draft following discussions that Alain,
Mark and myself have had over the last weeks. It is an effort to guide
presenters on what we expect to see/hear and a way for the WG to select
candidate solutions. What you will find is a separation of technical and
non-technical items that should be addressed. The technical items are
derived from the MUST requirements from the problem statement and the
non-technical items are rather generic questions that fall into the
categories of concern that we have discussed as a WG.

We look forward to working w/ the all participants in Hong Kong. For all
those that cannot make the meeting, we will post notes to the list and
review in Dallas.

Many thanks to folks at CUHK and CERNET for all their help in hosting the
meeting and providing the logistical legwork!!!

-Dward and Alain

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

---

From: JF Tremblay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:07:56 -0500

--On Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:49 PM -0600 David Ward 
<[email-masked]> wrote:
<snip>
> Please review the agenda, logistics information and Criteria for
> Solution Set selection. The last item is a draft following
> discussions that Alain, Mark and myself have had over the last weeks.
> It is an effort to guide presenters on what we expect to see/hear and
> a way for the WG to select candidate solutions. What you will find is
> a separation of technical and non-technical items that should be
> addressed. The technical items are derived from the MUST requirements
> from the problem statement and the non-technical items are rather
> generic questions that fall into the categories of concern that we
> have discussed as a WG.

Thanks David.
A few questions/comments on the criteria page, hub&spokes section:
a) What is 4-c, PDU? Does this refer to section 4.6 on the IPsec 
profile?
b) In the introduction of the draft, time-to-market is mentioned as a 
significant criteria for the chosen protocol. Shouldn't this be 
discussed, maybe as a non-tech criteria?
c) Item 7), L2/L3 connectivity. What does this refer to in the draft?
To my understanding, L2 encapsulation was a nice-to-have (draft section 
4.8).

/JFT