Subject: [Softwires] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-softwire-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Softwire Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: X. Li
	Filename	: draft-ietf-softwire-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2006-5-31
	
The Softwires Working Group is specifying the standardization of
discovery, control and encapsulation methods for connecting IPv4
networks across IPv6-only networks and IPv6 networks across IPv4-only
networks in a way that will encourage multiple, inter-operable vendor
implementations.  At the highest level, the Softwires Working Group
is tasked to identify, and extend where necessary, standard protocols
to support a selected set of "IPv4/IPv6" and "IPv6/IPv4" transition
problems.  This document describes the specific problems ("Hubs and
Spokes" and "Mesh") that will be solved as part of a solution phase
following the completion of this document, within a relatively tight
"time-to-market" as requested by operators at IETF 63.  Some
individual requirements (and non-requirements) are also identified in
this document at times in order to better describe the specific scope
for a given problem definition.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-problem-statement-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-softwire-problem-statement-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-problem-statement-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

---

From: "Durand, Alain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:19:57 -0400

The softwires wg chairs would like to initiate a wg last call
on this problem statement draft. The last call will end on June 14th
2006.

   - Alain.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:50 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Softwires] I-D 
> ACTION:draft-ietf-softwire-problem-statement-02.txt
>