Subject: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-02.txt> (RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:16:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

Dual-Stack Lite is a solution to offer both IPv4 and IPv6
connectivity to customers which are addressed only with an IPv6
prefix.  DS-Lite requires to pre-configure the AFTR tunnel
information on the B4 element.  In many networks, the customer
profile information may be stored in AAA servers while client
configurations are mainly provided through DHC protocol.  This
document specifies one new RADIUS attribute to carry Dual-Stack Lite
Address Family Transition Router (AFTR) name; the RADIUS attribute is
defined based on the equivalent DHCPv6 option already specified in
draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option.  This RADIUS attribute is
meant to be used between the RADIUS Server and the NAS, it is not
intended to be used directly between the B4 element and the RADIUS
Server.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.