Subject: [Softwires] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-01.txt

From: "Peng Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:29:09 +0800

Hi guys,

Just post the 01 version of draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite.

This draft propose the lightweight 4over6 mechanism which moves the translation function from tunnel concentrator (AFTR) to initiators (B4s), and hence reduce the mapping scale on CGN to per-customer level. To achieve that, port restrcted IPv4 addresses are allocated to initiators in a flexible way independent of IPv6 network in the middle.

Comments and suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

------------------				 
Peng Wu
2011-07-11

-------------------------------------------------------------
From：internet-drafts
Date：2011-07-11 15:22:58
To：weapon
CC：xiechf; weapon; sunqiong; cathyzhou; yong; jianping
Subject：New Version Notification for  draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Peng Wu and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Lightweight 4over6 in access network
Creation date:	 2011-07-11
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12

Abstract:
   The dual-stack lite mechanism provide an IPv4 access method over IPv6
   ISP network for end users.  Dual-Stack Lite enables a broadband
   service provider to share IPv4 addresses among customers by combining
   IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel and Carrier Grade NAT.  However, in dual-stack
   lite.  CGN has to maintain per-session address mapping, which could
   be a heavy burden, and produce high hardware cost as well as
   performance issue.  This draft propose the lightweight 4over6
   mechanism which moves the translation function from tunnel
   concentrator (AFTR) to initiators (B4s), and hence reduce the mapping
   scale on CGN to per-customer level.  For translation usage, the
   mechanism will allocate port restrcted IPv4 addresses to initiators
   in a flexible way independent of IPv6 network in the middle.

The IETF Secretariat