Subject: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-stateless-4v6-motivation-04.txt> (Motivations for Carrier-side Stateless IPv4 over IPv6 Migration Solutions) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 13:45:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'Motivations for Carrier-side Stateless IPv4 over IPv6 Migration
   Solutions'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-stateless-4v6-motivation-04.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IPv4 service continuity is one of the most pressing problems that
   must be resolved by Service Providers during the IPv6 transition
   period - especially after the exhaustion of the public IPv4 address
   space.  Current standardization effort that addresses IPv4 service
   continuity focuses on stateful mechanisms.  This document elaborates
   on the motivations for the need to undertake a companion effort to
   specify stateless IPv4 over IPv6 approaches.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-stateless-4v6-motivation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-stateless-4v6-motivation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.