Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 23:24:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public IPv4 over IPv6 Access Network
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Olivier Vautrin
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-10-13

Abstract:
   When the service provider networks are upgraded to IPv6, end users
   will continue to demand IPv4 connectivity.  This document proposes a
   mechanism for hosts or customer networks in IPv6 access network to
   build bidirectional IPv4 communication with the IPv4 Internet.  The
   mechanism follows the hub and spokes softwire model, and uses IPv4-
   over-IPv6 tunnel as basic method to traverse IPv6 network.  The bi-
   directionality of this IPv4 communication is achieved by explicitly
   allocating public IPv4 addresses to end users, as well as maintaining
   IPv4-IPv6 address binding on the border relay.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peng Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 14:35:13 +0800

Hi all,

This version addresses the issues Suresh rasied on the mailing list.
(Many thanks to Suresh for a comprehensive review.)

The changes include:

*Section 1: Add some texts on the motivation of the mechanism.

*Section 3: Clarify that customer network behind the 4over6 CE could
be IPv4-only or dual-stack; State that BR is also a DHCPv4 over IPv6
server/relay.

*Section 4: Put some text to explain how Public 4over6 can integrate
with DS-Lite.

*Section 5.1: Improve the preciseness of the figure and the working
flow described under the figure.

*Section 6: Clarify the DHCPv6 option [RFC6334] that 4over6 CE uses to
get the BR’s IPv6 address. Added a paragraph to describe the CE’s
behavior of switching to DS-Lite.

*Section 7: Remove the case that BR doesn’t participate the DHCPv4
over IPv6 process, for DS-lite integration consideration .

Cheers,
Peng.
On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:24 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires