Subject: [Softwires] New Version Notification for draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06.txt

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:51:14 -0600

Hi all,

I have submitted a revised version of my draft on MAP-E multicast support
as follows below.

Please send your mail on support/reviews to the list.

Regards,

Behcet

A new version of I-D, draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Behcet Sarikaya and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast
Revision:        06
Title:           Multicast Support for MAP-E
Creation date:   2013-02-19
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06

Abstract:
   This memo specifies MAP-E (together with MAP-T and 4rd)'s multicast
   component so that IPv4 hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4
   servers over an IPv6 network.  In the encapsulation solution for
   encapsulation variant of Mapping of Address and Port (MAP), MAP-E,
   IGMP Proxy at the MAP-E Customer Edge router uses IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel
   established by MAP-E to exchange IGMP messages to establish multicast
   state at MAP-E Border Relay so that MAP-E Border Relay can tunnel
   IPv4 multicast data to IPv4 hosts connected to MAP-E Customer Edge
   device.  In the Translation Multicast solution for the translation
   variant of MAP, MAP-T and 4rd, IGMP messages are translated into MLD
   messages at the CE router which is IGMP/MLD Proxy and sent to the
   network in IPv6.  MAP-T/4rd Border Relay does the reverse translation
   and joins IPv4 multicast group for MAP-T/4rd hosts.  Border Relay as
   multicast router receives IPv4 multicast data and translates the
   packet into IPv6 multicast data and sends downstream on the multicast
   tree.  Member CEs receive multicast data, translate it back to IPv4
   and transmit to the hosts.

The IETF Secretariat