Subject: [Softwires] Draft of interest in dhc (Was Fwd: [dhcwg] Call for adoption: draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration)

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:18:19 -0500

Hi all,
  I would like to draw your attention to this draft that has been
submitted to the dhc working group and has relevance to softwire. Please
take a look at the draft and chime in on the dhc mailing list if you
have any comments. The draft can be found here

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration-00

Thanks
Suresh

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [dhcwg] Call for adoption: draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:24:13 +0000
From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] WG <[email-masked]>

At the IETF meeting in Atlanta, we ended the session with a long
discussion about how to solve the problem of configuring MAP-E and
lw4over6 IPv4 stacks; several possibilities were presented, and we
decided that we would write a draft summarizing these possibilities so
that the working group could state a preference.

Time went on, and none of the people who volunteered actually did
anything, so a couple of weeks ago Branimir Rajtar and Ian Farrer
offered to write it up based on the notes from the last meeting.   They
have done so, and submitted a -00 draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration/

The purpose of this draft is to enumerate all the potential solutions to
this problem, describe their pros and cons, and make a recommendation.
 The current state of the draft is the recommendation that most people
seemed to be leaning toward at the end of the meeting in Atlanta, but
it's not binding; if during discussion the working group decides to
recommend something else, the document will be updated to reflect that.

If you think the working group should in fact produce this document,
please say so on the mailing list.   If you think we shouldn't produce
such a document, please also say so.   If you have comments on the
content of the document, please hold off on that until it's been
adopted, or not adopted.   If it's not adopted, the comments are moot;
if it is adopted, the job of the working group will be to finish it
according to the input of working group participants, which is where
your comments would come in.

We will evaluate consensus on February 25.

Thanks!

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg