Subject: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-08.txt> (IPv4 Residual Deployment via IPv6 - a Stateless Solution (4rd)) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:10:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'IPv4 Residual Deployment via IPv6 - a Stateless Solution (4rd)'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-08.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The 4rd automatic tunneling mechanism makes IPv4 Residual Deployment
   possible via IPv6 networks without maintaining for this per-customer
   states in 4rd-capable nodes (reverse of the IPv6 Rapid Deployment of
   6rd).  To cope with the IPv4 address shortage, customer sites can be
   assigned shared public IPv4 addresses with restricted port sets. 4rd
   can also support the scenarios that customer sites are assigned full
   public IPv4 addresses or a set of public IPv4 addresses.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-4rd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-4rd/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2050/