Subject: [Softwires] New Version Notification for draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03.txt

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:20:08 -0500

Hi all,

We submitted a new version of the draft based on the comments we
received in Toronto.

Please read and  comment.

Regards,

Behcet

A new version of I-D, draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Behcet Sarikaya and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast
Revision:       03
Title:          Multicast Support for Mapping of Address and Port
Protocol and Light Weight 4over6
Document date:  2014-09-29
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          25
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03

Abstract:
   This memo specifies multicast component for MAP-E and Light Weight
   4over6 so that IPv4 hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4
   servers over an IPv6 network.  Two types of solutions are developed,
   encapsulation and translation.  In the encapsulation solution for
   MAP-E and lw4o6, IGMP Proxy at the MAP-E Customer Edge router/lwB4
   uses IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel to exchange IGMP messages to establish
   multicast state at MAP-E Border Relay/lwAFTR so that MAP-E Border
   Relay/lwAFTR can tunnel IPv4 multicast data to IPv4 hosts.  In the
   Translation Multicast solution for MAP-T, 4rd and lw4o6, IGMP
   messages are translated into MLD messages and sent to the network in
   IPv6.  MAP-T/4rd Border Relay/lwAFTR does the reverse translation and
   joins IPv4 multicast group for the hosts.  Border Relay/lwAFTR as
   multicast router receives IPv4 multicast data and translates the
   packet into IPv6 multicast data and sends downstream on the multicast
   tree.  Member CEs/lwB4s receive multicast data, translate it back to
   IPv4 and transmit to the hosts.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat