Subject: [Softwires] [softwire]One of the remaining issues in the softwire multicast.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:37:53 +0800

Hi Softwirers，
    There are some softwire technologies already in the WG, and generally,
there also need some accompanying documents to help the primary technology
be implemented flawlessly.
    So far, there are some primary documents, DHCP Option documents and 
RADIUS Option documents shown as below.
    As can be seen from the chart, softwire-multicast series is not 
complete. 
These documents all had been adopted as WG doc or became RFCs except 
draft-
hu-softwire-multicast-radius-ext-05.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| primary documents   |    DHCP Option         |    RADIUS Option       |
+---------------------+------------------------+------------------------+
|    RFC 6333         |     RFC 6334           |    RFC 6519            |
|(draft-ietf-softwire | (draft-ietf-softwire-  |  (draft-ietf-softwire- |
| -dual-stack-lite)   | ds-lite-tunnel-option) |  dslite-radius-ext)    |
+---------------------+------------------------+------------------------+
| draft-ietf-softwire | draft-ietf-softwire-   |  draft-ietf-softwire   |
| -map                |  map-dhcp              |   -map-radius          |
+---------------------+------------------------+------------------------+
|    RFC 5969         | RFC 5969  section 7.1.1|   RFC 6930             |
|(draft-ietf-softwire |                        |  (draft-ietf-softwire- |
| -ipv6-6rd)          |                        |   6rd-radius-attrib)   |
+---------------------+------------------------+------------------------+
...............
+---------------------+------------------------+------------------------+
| draft-ietf-softwire | draft-ietf-softwire-   |  draft-hu-softwire- |
| -dslite-multicast & | multicast-prefix-option| multicast-radius-ext|
| draft-ietf-softwire |                        |                        |
| -mesh-multicast     |                        |                        |
+---------------------+------------------------+------------------------+

    draft-ietf-softwire-multicast-prefix-option & 
draft-hu-softwire-multicast-
radius-ext are companion documents. The former provides a method to carry
"IPv4-Embedded Multicast and Unicast IPv6 Prefixes" as a DHCPv6 option. 
Likewise
draft-hu-softwire-multicast-radius-ext provides a RADIUS option to carry 
the
above attributes.

    Is there anyone intereted in this topic? Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Wei

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:38:43 -0400

We have a Diameter draft, draft-zhou-dime-4over6-provisioning, that 
defines Diameter attributes for the multicast parameters and for LW406 
and MAP-E DHCP. Version -04 is ready and pretty mature, but I'm waiting 
for my co-authors' go-ahead to submit. We are looking for a final 
blessing from DIME. From there I've suggested they create a Softwires 
mapping document describing the mapping from the Diameter attributes to 
DHCP.

Tom Taylor

On 02/09/2014 5:37 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:23:00 +0800

Hi, all
  I forgot to attach the link. The link is as below.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-softwire-multicast-radius-ext/?include_text=1

Thanks,
Wei

complete. 
draft- 
> "IPv4-Embedded Multicast and Unicast IPv6 Prefixes" as a DHCPv6 
> option. Likewise 
the

---

From: Shu Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 00:58:39 +0800

Yes, we also want to advance the accompanying documents to help the primary
technology
be implemented flawlessly. We have a multicast draft,
draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-07,
that
can support Internet-style multicast across a set of external IP and
internal IP networks supporting
softwire mesh.

Shu Yang

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 5:37 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> These documents all had been adopted as WG doc or became RFCs *except
> draft-*
> *hu-softwire-multicast-radius-ext-05*.
>
> | draft-ietf-softwire | draft-ietf-softwire-   | * draft-hu-softwire-* |
> | -dslite-multicast & | multicast-prefix-option| *multicast-radius-ext*|

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 10:14:30 -0500

We have this draft which defines RA options for all translation
multicast technologies to configure the nodes using RAs:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6man-raoptions-01

If there is interest I'd be happy to submit a revised version.

Regards,

Behcet

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Tom Taylor <[email-masked]> wrote:
> We have a Diameter draft, draft-zhou-dime-4over6-provisioning, that defines
> Diameter attributes for the multicast parameters and for LW406 and MAP-E
> DHCP. Version -04 is ready and pretty mature, but I'm waiting for my
> co-authors' go-ahead to submit. We are looking for a final blessing from
> DIME. From there I've suggested they create a Softwires mapping document
> describing the mapping from the Diameter attributes to DHCP.
>
> Tom Taylor
>
>

---

From: Chongfeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 21:41:04 +0800

I agree. Since DS-lite has begun being trialed or deployed by some carriers,including China Telecom, It can be envisaged that some multicast-related services, such as IPTV, will mirgrate to softwire platform, softwire-multicast series documents should be advanced to meet the future deployment requirements.

Thanks

Chongfeng

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2014年9月3日, at 9:23, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi, all 
> >     As can be seen from the chart, softwire-multicast series is not complete. 
> > These documents all had been adopted as WG doc or became RFCs except draft- 
> >     draft-ietf-softwire-multicast-prefix-option & draft-hu-softwire-multicast-
> > draft-hu-softwire-multicast-radius-ext provides a RADIUS option to carry the 
> > above attributes. 
> >