Subject: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6-10.txt> (Lightweight 4over6: An Extension to the DS-Lite Architecture) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:12:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'Lightweight 4over6: An Extension to the DS-Lite Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Dual-Stack Lite (RFC 6333) describes an architecture for transporting
   IPv4 packets over an IPv6 network.  This document specifies an
   extension to DS-Lite called Lightweight 4over6 which moves the
   Network Address and Port Translation (NAPT) function from the
   centralized DS-Lite tunnel concentrator to the tunnel client located
   in the Customer Premises Equipment (CPE).  This removes the
   requirement for a Carrier Grade NAT function in the tunnel
   concentrator and reduces the amount of centralized state that must be
   held to a per-subscriber level.  In order to delegate the NAPT
   function and make IPv4 Address sharing possible, port-restricted IPv4
   addresses are allocated to the CPEs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2030/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2375/