Subject: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast-14.txt> (Delivery of IPv4 Multicast Services to IPv4 Clients over an IPv6 Multicast Network) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 04:05:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'Delivery of IPv4 Multicast Services to IPv4 Clients over an IPv6
   Multicast Network'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a solution for the delivery of IPv4 multicast
   services to IPv4 clients over an IPv6 multicast network.  The
   solution relies upon a stateless IPv4-in-IPv6 encapsulation scheme
   and uses the IPv6 multicast distribution tree to deliver IPv4
   multicast traffic.  The solution is particularly useful for the
   delivery of multicast service offerings to DS-Lite serviced
   customers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2873/