Subject: Re: [Softwires] Call for Adoption on draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dynamic-provisioning-02

From: "Yu Fu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 16:49:53 +0800

Hi all,

This draft is useful for dynamic provisioning of IPv4 addresses and port
sets in lw4o6 scenario.
I support the adoption. 

Cheers

Yu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Yong Cui
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:10 PM
To: Softwires WG
Cc: Cui 崔勇; Softwire Chairs
Subject: [Softwires] Call for Adoption on
draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dynamic-provisioning-02

Hi folks,

As you may know, we are going to close the wg soon. 
So before we close it, we would like to ask the wg to see if you are
interested in advancing the draft as an Informational doc:
Dynamic IPv4 Provisioning for Lightweight 4over6
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dynamic-provisi
oning/

Please state your point with your substantial reasons. The authors are also
encouraged to send the necessity of this draft.

The CFA will close in two weeks, i.e. Dec. 1st, 2016.

Thanks,

Yong 

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 09:59:55 +0100

> So before we close it, we would like to ask the wg to see if you are interested in advancing the draft as an Informational doc:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-softwire-lw4over6-dynamic-provisioning/
> 
> Please state your point with your substantial reasons. The authors are also encouraged to send the necessity of this draft.

It appears all the building blocks for this solution are described in other documents.
I haven't seen (or perhaps understood) the justification of why this document would be needed.

Ole

---

From: Linhui Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 17:30:34 +0800

Hi Ole,

2016-12-01 16:59 GMT+08:00 <[email-masked]>:

> > Please state your point with your substantial reasons. The authors are
> also encouraged to send the necessity of this draft.
>
Right, this document does not define any specific options and that's why it
is informational. However, IMHO, it does not mean this document is useless.
Without this draft, how to employ a dynamic provisioning for lw4o6 using
DHCP4o6 is still unclear.

Best,
Linhui