Subject: [stir] stir-06: retaining credentials

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:16:00 -0500

Section 5.2 states:
   Verification service implementations supporting this specification
   SHOULD have some means of retaining credentials

Is this a protocol issue or an implementation suggestion? How does this affect anything on the wire. It is a nice implementation suggestion. As such, I would word this as a suggestion, something like

   Verification service implementations may wish to retain credentials

---

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 17:52:14 +0000

It is a protocol decision in so far as caching credentials has both
performance implications and implications for how we approach revocation.
That much said, I am inclined to agree this text shouldn't be normative,
as normative guidance for this should appear in the credentials document,
not here. So I'll tweak this.

Jon Peterson
Neustar, Inc.

On 12/10/15, 6:16 PM, "stir on behalf of Eric Burger"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Is this a protocol issue or an implementation suggestion? How does this
>affect anything on the wire. It is a nice implementation suggestion. As
>such, I would word this as a suggestion, something like
>