Subject: Re: [Stox] review draft-ietf-stox-core

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 20:28:50 -0600

On 8/26/13 8:59 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Hej Olle, thanks for the review.

Thanks again. I have one follow-up comment inline.

> On 8/22/13 2:10 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

<snip/>

>> I would also like to mention that Contacts can include display
>> names, like "Olles superduperphone" or "Conference Room Jupiter
>> Phone". I don't know if this can be translated into XMPP.
> 
> XMPP doesn't have display names in addresses (as email and SIP
> do), although those could be translated into a nickname / handle
> using XEP-0172:
> 
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0172.html
> 
> So adding a note about that seems reasonable.

I've looked into this further. The Contact header is specified on SIP
INVITES, whereas the Nickname extension is specified on XMPP messages
and presence. I don't think there's much if any overlap there, so it
doesn't seem useful to specify a mapping in draft-ietf-stox-core.
However, I'm open to further discussion on this matter.

I've incoporated all the rest of your feedback and will submit a
revised I-D now.

Peter

- -- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/