Subject: [Stox] media: rejecting an m-line in jingle

From: Philipp Hancke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:25:37 +0200 (CEST)

I just stumbled over a case where I have to map a rejected m-line over 
jingle... i.e. the port in the m-line is set to 0.

Jingle doesn't have a mapping for the port in the m-line. So how can one 
reject a single m-line (content) in jingle?

While jingle has a content-reject option that only happens in response to 
a content-add. A XEP-0177 (raw udp) <transport/> element with port set to
zero might be an option... but that seems onerous and I doubt that anything
which currently implement 0177 handles it correctly.

---

From: Philipp Hancke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:53:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, Olivier Crête wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 15:25 +0200, Philipp Hancke wrote:
> You just send a "content-remove" stanza. The jingle design tries to
> avoid nasty hack such as the port=0 SIP/SDP thing.

So you'd send a content-remove before sending the session-accept?

FWIW, it's not actually clear to me whether jingle imposes a 
"session-accept must have the same number of contents as session-initiate" 
constraint (3264 is only used for the inclusion of payloads).
If it doesn't then not sending rejected contents in the answer would be 
valid, but I doubt gateways will appreciate that more than the 
content-remove way :-)