Subject: [Stox] RFC 8048 on Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Presence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 13:12:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8048

        Title:      Interworking between the Session Initiation 
                    Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging 
                    and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Presence 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 71355
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7248

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-stox-7248bis-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8048

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8048

This document defines a bidirectional protocol mapping for the
exchange of presence information between the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
(XMPP).  This document obsoletes RFC 7248.

This document is a product of the SIP-TO-XMPP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC