Subject: [Taps] Weekly github digest (TAPS GitHub Activity Digest)

From: TAPS WG status robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 08:00:09 +0000

Issues
------
* ietf-tapswg/api-drafts (+11/-8/💬68)
  11 issues created:
  - Appendix A.1. / Adding preference properties (by theagilepadawan)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/486 
  - Is format of message an implementation detail? (by MaxF12)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/477 [API] 
  - Arch: service class influences protocol selection? (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/476 
  - Arch: UDP checksums as protocol-specific property? (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/475 
  - Arch: 4.2.3 could be misinterpreted as connection migration (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/472 
  - Arch: Consistency of "Transport Services system" and "Transport System" (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/471 
  - Arch: "the ability to easily adopt different transport protocols"? (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/470 
  - Do we want to keep appendix about Go sample implementation in API doc? (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/469 [API] 
  - Clean up appendix of API (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/468 
  - own subsection for read-only properties? (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/467 [API] 
  - Add state diagram to section "Connection State and Ordering of Operations and Events" (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/466 [API] 

  25 issues received 68 new comments:
  - #454 Receive semantics (9 by mwelzl, theri, abrunstrom, mirjak, tfpauly, MaxF12)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/454 [API] 
  - #476 Arch: service class influences protocol selection? (7 by britram, gorryfair, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/476 [Architecture] [discuss] 
  - #471 Arch: Consistency of "Transport Services system" and "Transport System" (4 by britram, mwelzl, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/471 [Architecture] [editorial] [ready for text] 
  - #443 Message size (3 by mirjak, mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/443 [API] 
  - #451 ECN property? (3 by mirjak, mwelzl, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/451 [API] 
  - #455 Message context (3 by mirjak, mwelzl, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/455 [API] 
  - #457 Framers again... (3 by mirjak, tfpauly, MaxF12)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/457 [API] [Implementation] [discuss] 
  - #468 Clean up appendix of API (3 by mirjak, mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/468 
  - #469 Do we want to keep appendix about Go sample implementation in API doc? (3 by britram, gorryfair, theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/469 [API] 
  - #470 Arch: "the ability to easily adopt different transport protocols"? (3 by mirjak, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/470 [Architecture] [editorial] 
  - #472 Arch: 4.2.3 could be misinterpreted as connection migration (3 by mirjak, britram, tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/472 [Architecture] [ready for text] 
  - #477 Is format of message an implementation detail? (3 by britram, tfpauly, MaxF12)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/477 [API] 
  - #418 Use of normative language in Arch (2 by gorryfair, theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/418 [Architecture] 
  - #419 Acknowledgements in Arch (2 by mirjak, britram)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/419 [Architecture] 
  - #435 Default values for Interface Instance and PvD (2 by mirjak, theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/435 [API] 
  - #436 Local Address Preference always only preferred? (2 by mirjak, mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/436 [API] 
  - #441 Questions on Connection Groups (2 by mirjak, mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/441 [API] 
  - #458 New proposed structure for API doc (2 by mirjak, theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/458 [API] 
  - #461 Connection Groups, Priority, and Cloning (2 by mirjak, theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/461 [API] 
  - #466 Add state diagram to section "Connection State and Ordering of Operations and Events" (2 by mirjak, mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/466 [API] [Architecture] 
  - #414 Is the Local Endpoint "optional"? (1 by britram)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/414 [Architecture] 
  - #437 Configuring MP use (1 by abrunstrom)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/437 [API] 
  - #448 Right design for Partial Send (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/448 [API] 
  - #462 Timeout for Aborting Connection (1 by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/462 [API] 
  - #475 Arch: UDP checksums as protocol-specific property? (1 by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/475 [Architecture] [ready for text] 

  8 issues closed:
  - Explain that Close isn't Half-Close https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/397 [Architecture] 
  - Arch: UDP checksums as protocol-specific property? https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/475 [Architecture] [ready for text] 
  - Arch: Consistency of "Transport Services system" and "Transport System" https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/471 [Architecture] [editorial] [ready for text] 
  - API: Specifying local interfaces as Local Endpoint VS. as a Selection Property https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/410 [API] 
  - Reusing Preconnections? https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/222 [API] [ready for text] 
  - Connection Groups, Priority, and Cloning https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/461 [API] 
  - Arch: "the ability to easily adopt different transport protocols"? https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/470 [Architecture] [editorial] 
  - Clean up appendix of API https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/issues/468 

Pull requests
-------------
* ietf-tapswg/api-drafts (+11/-17/💬17)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Update specific-protocol option example from UDP checksum to TCP UTO (by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/485 
  - Move text removed by #421 to the arch document (by philsbln)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/484 [Architecture] 
  - Minor API nits (by MaxF12)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/483 
  - Be more consistent in naming Transport Services (by tfpauly)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/482 
  - Clarify Clone and Priority, closes #461 (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/481 
  - Local Endpoint vs. Selection Property, closes #410 (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/480 
  - Allow reusing Preconnections, fixes #222 (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/479 
  - Clarify "adopt", summarize sec 2.3 (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/478 
  - Arch: Adjust Security Considerations to new Section 4.2.3 (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/474 
  - Arch: Some consistency and clarity fixes (by theri)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/473 
  - New upper section for connection events (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/465 

  8 pull requests received 17 new comments:
  - #432 "must provide sensible defaults" (4 by mirjak, abrunstrom)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/432 [API] 
  - #464 Restructure TCP UTO section (4 by mirjak, mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/464 [API] 
  - #484 Move text removed by #421 to the arch document (4 by philsbln, abrunstrom, gorryfair)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/484 [Architecture] 
  - #403 Some small proposed fixes (1 by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/403 [API] 
  - #421 Proposed alternative intro text for API doc (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/421 [API] 
  - #442 Add one more pointer to Framers (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/442 [API] 
  - #444 Indicate use of streams for unordered messages as example (1 by abrunstrom)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/444 [API] 
  - #465 New upper section for connection events (1 by mwelzl)
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/465 [API] 

  17 pull requests merged:
  - Update specific-protocol option example from UDP checksum to TCP UTO
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/485 [Architecture] 
  - editorial fix
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/460 [API] 
  - Local Endpoint vs. Selection Property, closes #410
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/480 [API] 
  - Allow reusing Preconnections, fixes #222
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/479 [API] 
  - Moving section on Message Contexts
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/456 [API] 
  - More MAYs?
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/431 [API] 
  - Proposed alternative intro text for API doc
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/421 [API] 
  - Add one sentence about fallback in sec 2.3
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/412 [Architecture] 
  - Clarify Clone and Priority, closes #461
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/481 [API] 
  - Local/Remote Endpoint type or Object?
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/428 [API] 
  - Normative language for property namespace
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/425 [API] 
  - Some small proposed fixes
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/403 [API] 
  - Be more consistent in naming Transport Services
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/482 
  - Arch: Adjust Security Considerations to new Section 4.2.3
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/474 
  - Arch: Some consistency and clarity fixes
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/473 
  - Clarify "adopt", summarize sec 2.3
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/478 
  - Indicate use of streams for unordered messages as example
    https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts/pull/444 [API] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/ietf-tapswg/api-drafts