Subject: [tcpm] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-dcr-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Improving the Robustness of TCP to Non-Congestion Events
	Author(s)	: S. Bhandarkar, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-dcr-05.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-9-9
	
This document specifies Non-Congestion Robustness (NCR) for TCP.  In
   the absence of explicit congestion notification from the network,
   TCP's loss recovery algorithms treat the receipt of three duplicate
   acknowledgments as an implicit indication of congestion in the
   network.  This is not always correct, notably in the case when
   network paths reorder segments (for whatever reason), resulting in
   degraded performance.  TCP-NCR is designed to mitigate this degraded
   performance by increasing the number of duplicate acknowledgments
   required to trigger loss recovery, based on the current state of the
   connection, in an effort to better disambiguate true segment loss
   from segment reordering.  This document specifies the changes to TCP,
   as well as the costs and benefits of these modification

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-dcr-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-dcr-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-dcr-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm