Subject: [tcpm] roadmap revisions

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:24:18 -0400

Based on the working group's recent discussions on RFC 4015, we have made
some small changes to the TCP roadmap I-D.  Scott Bradner has approved the
language that is used in this update, with regards to IPR.  Please see the
diffs between 04 and the proposed 05 version at:
http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~weddy/shared/roadmap/rfcdiff.html
and the full text at:
http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~weddy/shared/roadmap/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-roadmap-05.txt

-Wes

-- 
Wesley M. Eddy
Verizon Federal Network Systems
http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~weddy
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:54:54 -0400

Folks-

> Based on the working group's recent discussions on RFC 4015, we have
> made some small changes to the TCP roadmap I-D.

We would like to get this document wrapped up.  The following are the
specific changes that were made to the roadmap document by the authors:

  + Section 3 has been retitled from "Standard Enhancements" to
    "Recommended Enhancements".

  + The entry for the Eifel response (RFC 4015) has been moved from
    Section 3 (now "Recommended Enhancements") to Section 4
    ("Experimental Extensions").  The following text was appended to
    the previous text:

      RFC 4015 is itself a Proposed Standard.  The consensus of the TCPM
      working group was to place it in this section of the roadmap
      document due to three factors.

      1.  RFC 4015 operates on the output of a detection algorithm, for
          which there is currently no available mechanism on the
          standards track.

      2.  The working group was not aware of any wide deployment and use
          of RFC 4015.

      3.  The consensus of the working group, after a discussion of the
          known Intellectual Property Rights claims on the techniques
          described in RFC 4015, identified this section of the roadmap
          as an appropriate location.+}

    As Wes noted, point 3 was run by Scott Bradner - who is happy with
    the language.

  + Several minor typos were fixed.

This document has been through WGLC once and passed with overwhelming
support.  We are, therefore, asking folks to review the above changes
and send any comments to the list within the next week (by Sep/30).  If
you need more time to get to this and/or have other concerns, please do
not hesitate to ping Ted and I.  Our plan is to pass this back to the
IESG soon after the 30th unless the WG yells (or, is in the midst of
discussion, of course).

Thanks!

allman

-- 
Mark Allman -- ICIR/ICSI -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/