Subject: [tcpm] Revision of the ICMP attacks draft

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:59:31 -0300

Folks,

I have submitted a revision of the ICMP attacks draft. The draft will 
be on the internet-drafts repository very soon. In the mean time, you 
can access it from: 
http://www.gont.com.ar/drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-icmp-attacks-00.txt

The Abstract of the draft is:
---- cut here ----
    This document discusses the use of the Internet Control Message
    Protocol (ICMP) to perform a variety of attacks against the
    Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and other similar protocols.  It
    proposes several counter-measures to eliminate or minimize the impact
    of these attacks.
---- cut here ----

draft-gont-tcpm-icmp-attacks-05.txt was accepted as a WG document, 
for the Informational path. This (draft-tcpm-icmp-attacks-00.txt) new 
revision of the draft addresses the feedback received on at the last 
IETF and on the mailing-list. Among the changes are:
* RFC2119 wording was removed, to make the draft suitable for 
publication as an Informational RFC.
* The rationale behind each check has (hopefully) been clarified.
* Other checks that should be performed on the received ICMP messages 
(such as the checksum of the IP packet in the ICMP payload) are now 
included in the draft.

This draft has been around for quite a while, and has benefited from 
a large amount of feedback provided by both the TCPM WG, the open 
source community, vendors in general, etc. Most systems implement at 
least a subset of the counter-measures proposed in the draft.

Feedback on this revision of the draft will be more than welcome.

Thanks!

--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm