Subject: [tcpm] RFC 5927 on ICMP Attacks against TCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5927

        Title:      ICMP Attacks against TCP 
        Author:     F. Gont
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 87744
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-icmp-attacks-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5927.txt

This document discusses the use of the Internet Control Message
Protocol (ICMP) to perform a variety of attacks against the
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).  Additionally, this document
describes a number of widely implemented modifications to TCP's
handling of ICMP error messages that help to mitigate these issues. 
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC