Subject: [tcpm] RFC 9040 on TCP Control Block Interdependence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 22:51:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9040

        Title:      TCP Control Block Interdependence 
        Author:     J. Touch,
                    M. Welzl,
                    S. Islam
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2140

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9040

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9040

This memo provides guidance to TCP implementers that is intended to
help improve connection convergence to steady-state operation without
affecting interoperability. It updates and replaces RFC 2140's
description of sharing TCP state, as typically represented in TCP
Control Blocks, among similar concurrent or consecutive connections.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC