Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 12:08:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HyStart++: Modified Slow Start for TCP
        Authors         : Praveen Balasubramanian
                          Yi Huang
                          Matt Olson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-07-25

Abstract:
   This doument describes HyStart++, a simple modification to the slow
   start phase of TCP congestion control algorithms.  Traditional slow
   start can cause overshooting of the ideal send rate and cause large
   packet loss within a round-trip time which results in poor
   performance.  HyStart++ uses a delay increase heuristic to exit slow
   start early while also mitigating poor performance which can result
   from false positives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/