Subject: [Teas-ns-dt] Another version of the presentation + some ideas for pictures

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 11:05:57 +0000

Another attempt, including material from several of you, but lets discuss…

Jari

---

From: "Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 12:30:42 +0000

Hi team

Anyone leaves a bag for the laptop/pad in the meeting room, around the seat of Kiran? It is still in the room.

--------------------------------------------------
耿雪松 Geng Xuesong
Mobile: +86-15201521353<tel:+86-15201521353>
Email: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
发件人：Jari Arkko <jari.arkko=[email-masked]>
收件人：teas-ns-dt <[email-masked]>
时 间：2019-11-18 19:07:44
主题[Teas-ns-dt] Another version of the presentation + some ideas for pictures

Jari

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 17:18:33 -0600

Shall I post these?

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 17:24:28 -0600

Hi,

     I just skimmed the slides.  FWIW I suggest skipping/dropping the 
north bound slides.  I this this discussion will detract/distract from 
the latter material.  I think it also distracts from the  1st 
deliverable of the DT -- which is a definition of how existing 
technologies can be used  (a framework by any other name...) .

Thanks,

Lou

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 04:20:45 +0000

Not yet. You will have the final ones in an hour.

(Btw, I will only be at the second session, where our slot is. The first session collides with ABCD where I also need to be in.)

Jari

From: Teas-ns-dt <[email-masked]> on behalf of Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 19 November 2019 at 7.18
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, TEAS WG Chairs <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Teas-ns-dt] Another version of the presentation + some ideas for pictures

Shall I post these?

Jari

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 12:54:57 +0800

----------
On November 19, 2019 12:21:25 PM Jari Arkko 

> Not yet. You will have the final ones in an hour.

Ack.

> (Btw, I will only be at the second session, where our slot is. The first 
> session collides with ABCD where I also need to be in.)

 No problem

Lou

> ----------
> -- 
> Teas-ns-dt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas-ns-dt
>

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 05:03:08 +0000

Here’s the final version of the presentation.

I did not do anything with your comment regarding the northbound interface. I don’t plan to spend a lot of time on those slides (they are an animation), and I think we need to explain graphically what kind of architecture we have in mind. But maybe you can explain what you had in mind... but I'm not sure I have time for edits...

Jari

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 13:16:57 +0800

Jari,

Looks good, ship it!

Cheers,
Jeff

---

From: "Rokui, Reza (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 05:47:27 +0000

Thanks Jari. Looks good.

Reza

On 2019-11-19, 1:03 PM, "Teas-ns-dt on behalf of Jari Arkko" <[email-masked] on behalf of jari.arkko=[email-masked]> wrote:

    
    Jari

---

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 05:57:21 +0000

Jari, 

Thanks for your effort on this.

Best regards,
Jie

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Teas-ns-dt [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jari Arkko
> Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:03 PM
> To: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; TEAS WG Chairs
> <[email-masked]>
> I did not do anything with your comment regarding the northbound interface. I
> don’t plan to spend a lot of time on those slides (they are an animation), and I
> think we need to explain graphically what kind of architecture we have in
> mind. But maybe you can explain what you had in mind... but I'm not sure I
> have time for edits...
> 
> Jari
>

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 00:15:00 -0600

Hi Jari/Team,

     I'm (and I hope Pavan) are really happy to see the DT making 
progress as this is a very important and visible area.  One item in the 
slides causes me some concern. In particular on slide 4 you say "Specify 
a northbound interface whereby a higher level system can request 
connections with specific characteristics". This seems to be a strong 
statement to make so early in the life of the DT.  In particular, I'd 
expect the DT to have definitions/requirements and a definition of how 
existing technologies can be used/fit into a solution before focusing on 
a *new* definition of an NBI.  It's quite possible that I'm misreading 
the direction of the DT and have merely been distracted by this bullet 
and am misread the intent of slides 5-8.  If the main intent of slides 
5-8 is to describe  / present a possible framework for the use of 
existing technologies, then I think we're more likely than not, well 
aligned.

What do you think?

Thanks

Lou

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 07:33:31 +0000

FYI – Lou and I talked and I think I understand the concern and will edit the slides to adjust a bit.

Jari

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 02:04:40 -0600

Thanks Jari!

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 08:25:07 +0000

I toned down the slide with work items to show that we're first doing the concept-requirements-framework analysis, and seeking to find existing tools. I also simplified the northbound picture and took away the deliverable animations.

Jari

---

From: Vishnu Pavan Beeram <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 08:40:41 +0000

Thanks for toning it down! 

Uploaded the latest version.

Regards,
-Pavan

On 11/19/19, 2:31 AM, "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Jari