Subject: [Terminology] Martin Duke's Yes on charter-ietf-term-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:56:20 -0700

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-term-00-00: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-term/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for chartering this work.

The charter is unclear if terminology that is not related to inclusivity is
in-scope or not. For example, the QUIC documents use a concept of off-path
attacker that is a little different from the meaning that I thought was
commonly held.

I have no strong feeling on whether or not it should be in scope, but the
charter should be clear about this.