Subject: [Terminology] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-term-00-02: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 12:55:38 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-term-00-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-term/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that using rfc7322 as justification/background for this work is
needed or appropriate.  rfc7322, while very useful, is not an IETF consensus
document.

Also, the output of this work should not be to recommend any action to be taken
by the RPC; the authors should act on the recommendations.  Taking the rfc7322
reference out may also remove any potential assumption that the RPC should be
involved.