Subject: Re: [Terminology] offensive terminology draft progressing on independent stream

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:05:30 -0400

Gosh agreement... I also agree but for a different statement of the same
issue.

Racism and bigotry are a serious problem. But so is gatekeeping and
especially when people start deciding to appoint themselves gatekeepers.

This is a problem across the political spectrum and one of the reasons some
people make moves from what appear to be opposite ends of the spectrum is
that they were rejected by one end for trying to police it.

The term 'cancel culture' first came to prominence in the Trans community
when various factions started cancelling each other. Natalie Wynn belled
that particular cat when she was cancelled for daring to cast a Trans man
to do a very short voiceover in one of her videos.

And now of course, the term is almost exclusively used in bad faith.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 10:13 AM Salz, Rich <rsalz=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I dislike the draft and am against its publication for the reasons Dan
> said.
>
>
> --
> Terminology mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/terminology
>