Subject: [tram] RFC 8016 on Mobility with Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 13:41:45 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8016

        Title:      Mobility with Traversal Using Relays 
                    around NAT (TURN) 
        Author:     T. Reddy, D. Wing,
                    P. Patil, P. Martinsen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29313
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8016

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8016

It is desirable to minimize traffic disruption caused by changing IP
address during a mobility event.  One mechanism to minimize
disruption is to expose a shorter network path to the mobility event
so that only the local network elements are aware of the changed IP
address and the remote peer is unaware of the changed IP address.

This document provides such an IP address mobility solution using
Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN).  This is achieved by
allowing a client to retain an allocation on the TURN server when the
IP address of the client changes.

This document is a product of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC