Subject: [Trigtran] TRIGTRAN work moving to new locations

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:33:06 -0500

Just to let people know my/Carl's current understanding of TRIGTRAN -
and Jon and Allison can correct any misstatements, of course!

We gave a TRIGTRAN perspective at the ALIAS BoF in Vienna
(http://www.ietf.org/ietf/03jul/alias.txt), and it looks like the
following things are happening:

- Hui-Lan and Kevin are expecting to develop mechanisms that would
support "Performance Enhancing Proxies"
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3135.txt), as described in PILC, as part
of a broader class of problems, so most of the TRIGTRAN notification
discussion should move to ALIAS (TO JOIN:
http://mailman.berkeley.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/alias)

- Part of this work will include characterization of the services
offered by intermediaries, so this portion of TRIGTRAN will move to
ALIAS as well

- the LinkUp work will continue, but will move to TSVWG, because no
intermediaries are involved in the current draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-trigtran-linkup-00.
txt)

I'm expecting to send out an updated LinkUp draft in the
not-too-distant future, but we didn't really get to talk about the
current draft in Vienna, so I'm very eager to hear comments before we
sail into TSVWG - first impressions matter, of course.

And thanks for your help and feedback. Carl and I put up a full page
of acknowledgements in San Francisco, and we probably missed people.
We couldn't have gotten this far without you.

Spencer, for Spencer and Carl

_______________________________________________
Trigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trigtran

---

From: Dr G Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:23:35 +0100

Does that imply the end of the TrigTran mailing list? 

Even though it's hardly been used much yet, I think
that would be a great pity, the discussion thread may
be lost completely on a general list... 

Can we keep this list for the moment?

e.g. as a duplicate of the tsvwg thread(s) on TrigTran? 
(all email posted to trigtran could be copied to tsvwg, but who would
copy back replies that were'nt on the TrigTran list???)

I'm just worried that we loose the thread amongst remote data placement, 
sctp, and all manor of other general transport issues. This topic is
a hybrod of Transport and Link technologies...

Gorry