Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-06.txt> (TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): Fine-Grained Labeling) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 06:30:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): Fine-Grained
   Labeling'
  <draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF has standardized TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links), a protocol for least cost transparent frame routing in
   multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and link technologies,
   using link-state routing and a hop count. The TRILL base protocol
   standard supports labeling of TRILL data with up to 4K IDs. However,
   there are applications that require more fine-grained labeling of
   data. This document updates RFC 6325 by specifying optional
   extensions to the TRILL base protocol to safely accomplish this.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1688/