Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 07:29:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): Edge Directory Assistance Framework
	Author(s)       : Linda Dunbar
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Radia Perlman
                          Igor Gashinsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-04-26

Abstract:
   Edge TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) switches
   currently learn the mapping between MAC addresses and their egress
   TRILL switch by observing the data packets they ingress or egress or
   by the TRILL ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information)
   protocol. When an ingress TRILL switch receives a data frame whose
   destination address (MAC&VLAN) that switch does not know, the data
   frame is flooded within the frame's VLAN across the TRILL campus.

   This document describes the framework for using directory services to
   assist edge RBridges in reducing multi-destination frames,
   particularly unknown unicast frames flooding, and ARP/ND, thus
   improving TRILL network scalability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:34:15 -0400

This revision incorporates most of the document shepherd comments.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]