Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 18:25:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: Edge Directory Assist Mechanisms
        Authors         : Donald Eastlake
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Radia Perlman
                          Igor Gashinsky
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-03.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2015-06-20

Abstract:
   This document describes mechanisms for providing directory service to
   TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) edge switches.
   The directory information provided can be used in reducing multi-
   destination traffic, particularly ARP/ND and unknown unicast
   flooding. It can also be used to detect traffic with forged source
   addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 21:38:14 -0400

This revision has changes that resulted from:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg06820.html and
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg06823.html

Many are editorial; however, the review of error message formats to
produce the new Section 3.4 suggested in message 06823 found some
inconsistencies and cases where record structures were being
unnecessarily returned with errors. These cases have been changed.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]