Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] draft-baker-diffserv-basic-classes-02

From: "Jozef Babiarz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:35:16 -0400

In next version 03 of the draft will make the change so that telephony
signaling and telephony bearer traffic are in different classes. Thanks for
your comments.

Regards, Joe.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fil Dickinson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 12:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-baker-diffserv-basic-classes-02

My understanding of this draft is that it proposes the Voice signalling and
Voice Bearer are transported in the same class with the exception being
"signaling flows between high capacity telephony call servers or soft
switches". 
I am concerned with this. During testing of our multi-vendor converged
network I have seen that oversubscribed voice bearer traffic can disrupt the
voice signalling traffic which results in abnormal operation of all voice
calls [re-registration (outage) of IP Phones]. I would like to see this
addressed by a draft that mandates All Voice Signalling and Voice Bearer
traffic operate in distinct classes. Ie, a Telephony Signalling Service
Class and a Telephony Bearer Service Class.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg