Subject: [Tsvwg] SCTP Socket Errata: SCTP_ADAPTATION_LAYER vs. SCTP_ADAPTION_LAYER

From: Mark Butler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:05:23 -0700

In the current sctp socket draft the standard networking term 
"adaptation layer" is mis-spelled as "adaption layer", notably in the 
symbol SCTP_ADAPTION_LAYER (sic).  That should be corrected to 
SCTP_ADAPTATION_LAYER.   Implementations could certainly maintain an 
alias for backward compatibilty.

The addip draft always uses the term "adaptation layer", although it 
also uses the term "adaption code" which is inconsistent. Unless 
adaptation codes are only intended for use in "rate adaption", the 
spelling should be changed to match.  I am curious what current 
adaptation codes are used.  The addip draft strangely introduces the 
parameter without specifiying any.

Also, why should the adaptation code be defined to be left in network 
byte order by the API, unless it is really a character string instead of 
a normal 32 bit value?

Comments anyone?

 - Mark

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg