Subject: [tsvwg] [Errata Verified] RFC6458 (6111)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:54:11 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6458,
"Sockets API Extensions for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6111

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2020-04-20
Verified by: Martin Duke (IESG)

Section: GLOBAL

Original Text
-------------
in Section 5.3.2

         SCTP_EOF:  Setting this flag invokes the SCTP graceful shutdown
            procedure on the specified association.  Graceful shutdown
            assures that all data queued by both endpoints is
            successfully transmitted before closing the association.

         SCTP_SENDALL:  This flag, if set, will cause a one-to-many
            style socket to send the message to all associations that
            are currently established on this socket.  For the one-to-
            one style socket, this flag has no effect.

in Section 5.3.4

      SCTP_EOF:  Setting this flag invokes the SCTP graceful shutdown
         procedures on the specified association.  Graceful shutdown
         assures that all data queued by both endpoints is successfully
         transmitted before closing the association.

      SCTP_SENDALL:  This flag, if set, will cause a one-to-many style
         socket to send the message to all associations that are
         currently established on this socket.  For the one-to-one style
         socket, this flag has no effect.

in Section 8.1.13

The sinfo_flags field is composed of a bitwise OR
of SCTP_UNORDERED, SCTP_EOF, and SCTP_SENDALL.

in Section 8.1.31

The snd_flags parameter is composed of a bitwise OR 
of SCTP_UNORDERED, SCTP_EOF, and SCTP_SENDALL.

Corrected Text
--------------
in Section 5.3.2

         SCTP_EOF:  Setting this flag invokes the SCTP graceful shutdown
            procedure on the specified association.  Graceful shutdown
            assures that all data queued by both endpoints is
            successfully transmitted before closing the association.

         SCTP_EOR: This flag, if set and explicit EOR marking (see
            Section 8.1.26) is enabled , indicates that the user data
            provided is the last part of a user message. If explicit
            EOR marking is disabled, this flag is not relevant, since the
            user data provided is a complete user message.

         SCTP_SENDALL:  This flag, if set, will cause a one-to-many
            style socket to send the message to all associations that
            are currently established on this socket.  For the one-to-
            one style socket, this flag has no effect.

in Section 5.3.4

      SCTP_EOF:  Setting this flag invokes the SCTP graceful shutdown
         procedures on the specified association.  Graceful shutdown
         assures that all data queued by both endpoints is successfully
         transmitted before closing the association.

      SCTP_EOR: This flag, if set and explicit EOR marking (see Section 8.1.26)
         is enabled , indicates that the user data provided is the last part of
         a user message. If explicit EOR marking is disabled, this flag is
         not relevant, since the user data provided is a complete user message.

      SCTP_SENDALL:  This flag, if set, will cause a one-to-many style
         socket to send the message to all associations that are
         currently established on this socket.  For the one-to-one style
         socket, this flag has no effect.

in Section 8.1.13

The sinfo_flags field is composed of a bitwise OR
of SCTP_UNORDERED, SCTP_EOF, SCTP_EOR, and SCTP_SENDALL.

in Section 8.1.31

The snd_flags parameter is composed of a bitwise OR
of SCTP_UNORDERED, SCTP_EOF, SCTP_EOR, and SCTP_SENDALL.

Notes
-----
The text is missing a description of how to use the SCTP_EOR flag in the Socket API. The problem was initially reported by wanglihe in https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6081

--------------------------------------
RFC6458 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-32)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Sockets API Extensions for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
Publication Date    : December 2011
Author(s)           : R. Stewart, M. Tuexen, K. Poon, P. Lei, V. Yasevich
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG