Subject: [tsvwg] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC6458 (6116)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 15:38:43 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC6458, "Sockets API Extensions for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6116

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Technical

Reported by: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2020-04-20
Held by: Martin Duke (IESG)

Section: 6.1.2

Original Text
-------------
   spc_state:  This field holds one of a number of values that
      communicate the event that happened to the address.  They include

      SCTP_ADDR_AVAILABLE:  This address is now reachable.  This
         notification is provided whenever an address becomes reachable.

      SCTP_ADDR_UNREACHABLE:  The address specified can no longer be
         reached.  Any data sent to this address is rerouted to an
         alternate until this address becomes reachable.  This
         notification is provided whenever an address becomes
         unreachable.

      SCTP_ADDR_REMOVED:  The address is no longer part of the
         association.

      SCTP_ADDR_ADDED:  The address is now part of the association.

      SCTP_ADDR_MADE_PRIM:  This address has now been made the primary
         destination address.  This notification is provided whenever an
         address is made primary.

Corrected Text
--------------
   spc_state:  This field holds one of a number of values that
      communicate the event that happened to the address.  They include

      SCTP_ADDR_CONFIRMED:  This address is now confirmed.  This
         notification is provided once an address transitions from
         the UNCONFIRMED state to the CONFIRMED state (see
         Section 5.4 of [RFC 4960]).

      SCTP_ADDR_AVAILABLE:  This address is now reachable.  This
         notification is provided whenever an address becomes reachable.

      SCTP_ADDR_UNREACHABLE:  The address specified can no longer be
         reached.  Any data sent to this address is rerouted to an
         alternate until this address becomes reachable.  This
         notification is provided whenever an address becomes
         unreachable.

      SCTP_ADDR_REMOVED:  The address is no longer part of the
         association.

      SCTP_ADDR_ADDED:  The address is now part of the association.

      SCTP_ADDR_MADE_PRIM:  This address has now been made the primary
         destination address.  This notification is provided whenever an
         address is made primary.

Notes
-----
A description of the handling of the path verification as specified in Section 5.4 of RFC 4960 was missing.

--------------------------------------
RFC6458 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-32)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Sockets API Extensions for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
Publication Date    : December 2011
Author(s)           : R. Stewart, M. Tuexen, K. Poon, P. Lei, V. Yasevich
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG