Subject: [tsvwg] HPCC++: an INT-based High Precision Congestion Control

From: "Pan, Rong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 19:20:01 +0000

Hello Folks,

Alibaba and Intel (more vendors to follow) have worked on an INT-based High Precision Congestion Control algorithm: HPCC++. We have posted an initial draft today that can be found at
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus-00.txt

We would love to hear your comments and feedbacks.

Best regards,

Rong

On 6/17/20, 10:51 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus-00.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Rong Pan and posted to the
    IETF repository.

    Name:		draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus
    Revision:	00
    Title:		HPCC++: Enhanced High Precision Congestion Control
    Document date:	2020-06-17
    Group:		Individual Submission
    Pages:		15
    URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus-00.txt
    Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus/
    Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus-00
    Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pan-tsvwg-hpccplus

    Abstract:
       Congestion control (CC) is the key to achieving ultra-low latency,
       high bandwidth and network stability in high-speed networks.
       However, the existing high-speed CC schemes have inherent limitations
       for reaching these goals.

       In this document, we describe HPCC++ (High Precision Congestion
       Control), a new high-speed CC mechanism which achieves the three
       goals simultaneously.  HPCC++ leverages in-network telemetry (INT) to
       obtain precise link load information and controls traffic precisely.
       By addressing challenges such as delayed INT information during
       congestion and overreaction to INT information, HPCC++ can quickly
       converge to utilize free bandwidth while avoiding congestion, and can
       maintain near-zero in-network queues for ultra-low latency.  HPCC++
       is also fair and easy to deploy in hardware, implementable with
       commodity programmable NICs and switches.

    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

    The IETF Secretariat