Subject: [v4tov6transition] IPv6 capable UEs

From: Cameron Byrne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:41:52 -0700

Tina,

I know you are a participant in IPv6 standards, but i have been a bit
disappointed with Huawei in terms of IPv6 support.  It's hard to
listen to vendors talk about how important IPv6 transition is in the
standards bodies when their UEs don't support IPv6.  At T-Mobile USA,
all of our mobile broadband cards are supplied by Huawei and none of
them support IPv6.  We have asked the Huawei account team, and they
have not been able to provide any guidance on when IPv6 support will
be available.  We have asked several times, and IPv6 has been a part
of our requirements and RFP process.

Last spring, i encouraged Nokia to bring IPv6 to the N900 (all of
their Symbian phones support IPv6 already),
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/behave/current/msg07924.html, and
they did http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/3gv6/current/msg00326.html

And now, i have over 100 N900 users with IPv6 working well on my
network  http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60320&highlight=ipv6

Beyond your work in the IETF, can you encourage Huawei to produce IPv6
capable UEs?  Specifically, i would love to see the Huawei EM770U that
is embedded in our T-mobile Windows 7 netbooks or one of the other 3G
/ HSPA+ data sticks that we support.

I am sure you agree that having IPv6 capable UEs is very important for
IPv6 transition, and as always, actions are more powerful than words.

Regards,

Cameron

---

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 16:07:14 +0800

I copy [email-masked], hope the corresponding person will contact you  
soon.

B. R.
Tina
http://tinatsou.weebly.com

On Oct 6, 2010, at 12:41 AM, Cameron Byrne wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> v4tov6transition mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v4tov6transition

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:01:02 +0300

Cameron,
I second that!

Tina, we are exactly in the same position as Cameron. Though we are not as 
large, the lack of support of IPv6 in the usb dongles is absolutely 
critical.
Our commercial logistics had long lasting discussion with our beloved 
supplier, but we are still getting only promises. The blame as I 
understand is mostly on the chip maker, but this does not make life easier 
for the service providers.

Best,
Roman

From:   Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
To:     Cameron Byrne <[email-masked]>
Cc:     ipv6 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date:   06-10-10 11:07
Subject:        Re: [v4tov6transition] IPv6 capable UEs
Sent by:        [email-masked]

B. R.
Tina