Subject: Re: [weirds] Call for IETF 87 (Berlin) agenda items

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 07:55:01 -0700

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> Scheduling of working group sessions for IETF 87 is now open.  The due
> date for a meeting request is June 3rd (two weeks).  As usual, the
> questions we have for the group are:
>
> 1) Do you think we need to meet?
>
> 2) If "yes", do you have specific open issues you'd like to discuss?
> These can be open document issues, presentations relevant to document
> development, procedural discussions, etc.
>
> 3) Are there any specific presentations we should seek out?
>
>
>
I only received one reply to this for two short topics.  We have to make
the meeting request today, in fact within a matter of hours.  So, last
call...!

-MSK

---

From: Ning Kong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 23:31:19 +0800

> 1) Do you think we need to meet?
Yes.

> 2) If "yes", do you have specific open issues you'd like to discuss?  These can be open document issues, presentations relevant to document development, procedural discussions, etc.
IMO, both redirect and search need to be further discussed.

> 3) Are there any specific presentations we should seek out?
Redirect and search.

Cheers,
Ning

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 12:09:45 -0700

> > 3) Are there any specific presentations we should seek out?
Anyone want to volunteer?

-MSK

---

From: Arturo Servin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 16:35:06 -0300

Not sure if I follow, but about "Redirects" the authors of the drafts
could lead.

	Carlos is going to push a new version soon. We could use that as a
starting point.

Regards,
/as

On 6/3/13 4:09 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Ning Kong <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
> 
>     > 2) If "yes", do you have specific open issues you'd like to
>     discuss?  These can be open document issues, presentations relevant
>     to document development, procedural discussions, etc.
> _______________________________________________
> weirds mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds
>

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 16:48:46 -0300

If the WG can provide a little more input on what specific aspect of
redirects you want discussed, it'd be great.

So, yes (thanks Arturo for putting me forward, this will not be
forgotten :D ) I can lead the redirect item.

regards

~Carlos

---

From: Ning Kong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 08:49:15 +0800

I'd like to lead the discussion of search.

Ning

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Jun 2013 06:41:18 -0000

We punted bootstrapping.  I believe someone has a draft almost ready
to go, and since it was contentious last time it would probably be
useful to see if it still is.

If the guy with the I-D won't be in Berlin, I think I understand it
well enough to present it.

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:49:16 -0300

I've been working on the topic myself. If you care to share, or 'the
guy' cares to share, I'd be happy to help.

regards

~Carlos

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 00:37:12 -0700

Thanks to the volunteers.  We'll reach out to you soon to get commitment
for a time slot.

We have requested a one-hour meeting in Berlin given the comments on this
thread.

-MSK, co-chair